Bought groceries today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old enough to remember!
I'm with you.

I'm 55, so I think I kinda fit in the middle. Older than most/younger than others.

I remember when you could buy a bottle of Mt Dew for 65 cents, a bag of chips were 75 cents, a can of Cope was 85 cents and a gallon of gas was 90 cents.

Admission to the movies was 2 dollars, a burger, fries and a Coke at our local burger joint was about $3.25. If you wanted a slice of cheese on that burger, it was an extra dime.

I always said I was gonna give up snuff and chewing tobacco when it became $2 a pack/can.

Halloween night of 1989, I bought a can of Cope as soon as my shift started. I paid $2.06 and haven't bought any since.

To keep me from starting back, I took a big gallon size jar, duct taped the lid on it real good and cut a slot in the lid. Everytime I wanted a pinch of snuff, I would poke $2 into the jar.

Soon it got so full, I decided to open it. There was around $300 in it. I went to the Wannamaker (sp?) gun show and bought a Ruger P85 pistol and about 200 rounds of ammo with it.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to drive to the edge of town"i was to young to drive".....Ha! park on the edge of town across the tracks and walk to the theater, i could get in buy a coke,a pickle and a bag of peanuts for less than a dollar. way less than a dollar. didn't do it often though.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was around the age of 16, a friend an I both had a toothache and we decided to end it all by pulling the offending teeth. Well, when the metal of the pliers touched the tooth, it was a mutual no-go. I happend to remember a dentist downtown on Main Street in OKC by the name O believe of Pollock. We went to OKC, climbed the stairs to his office and told him what our problme was and that we only had $3.00 apiece. He pulled each of our teeth and complained that the novacaine injection cost him more than $3.00.
Now, you old timers, top that! A tooth exraction fro $3.00!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, one would think this was good news.
https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/job-inflation-rates/2023/10/06/id/1137237/
1696597457247.png

However, this .gov and the FED are trying to kill jobs and the only arsenal available to these morons is to raise interest rates. Expect higher rates soon!

1696597905312.png

IMG_7898.png

How does this affect investments?

See below where it started the day up (green) then turned down (red). That red correlates to the jobs report being published.

1696597567579.png

Folks, if you haven't already, you better strap in for a really bumpy ride!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife went to WalMart last Monday for groceries. I got a text on my phone from the bank (any time my debit card is charged over $250) saying there was a $264 charge from WM.

Groceries for 2 weeks, only meat bought was chicken and there were a few things like laundry detergent that upped the bill a bit. But $264 for two people for maybe 2 weeks? That's insane.

But, yeah... Inflation's only at 3.7% or some happy horses**t... Sure, Joe, I believe that.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a good thing ammo is down or I couldn’t afford to eat.

Why aren’t the illegals starving?
It is a HUGE business. Many gov contracts, NGOs, churches, and the UN are funding this humanitarian crisis. It's sickening, especially for the "Asylum seekers" (loosely used generic term).

They get $1k per month for a man, woman, and child EBT. I heard they get $180k down payment assistance for a home, no home payment for 5 years, job assistance, ESL, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom