Bought My First CCW Pistol Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive got a glock 19 9mm in a crossbreed supertuck. very very comfortable. i also use a wilderness tactical 5 stich nylon belt. very solid setup with plenty of firepower but, practice practice practice with your carry weapon. and run a box or 2 through of the self defense ammo you'll be using to ensure its reliability in feeding and extracting. dont be one of those that gets their license and fires their gun once a year just to see if it still shoots straight.

hal3st0rm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Kahr P-9 in a High-Noon Mr. Softy IWB holster. Works for me, but everyone is different. Find something that works for you. I use a Houge universal rubber grip to prevent the checkering rubbing my hand raw. Snug and helps it fit my hand better. But again, each person is different and you need to try various combo's to find the right one for you.

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kahr makes a great pistol... I wanted a MK-9 for my carry gun but couldn't ever find what I was looking for so I went with the S&W M&P 9c and have enjoyed it so far.

For the house, I am looking for a Sig. P220 .45 acp. You can get a .22lr conversion kit for it and practice with cheap ammo.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have great taste in weapons, my friend. I've got a CW45 for warm weather carry as well. I would have preferred a Para Carry 9, but the Kahr was a better deal.

Just put a Hogue Handall Jr. grip cover on it yesterday. Makes a BIG difference in the feel of the gun. Best 8 bucks I ever spent.

I hate the factory Kahr grips. Way too abrasive.

Next will be night sights.

Be sure to practice as much as you can with your CCW. And consider an advanced pistol class after you complete the conceal class. They are expensive, but the lessons you learn could very well save your life and the lives of people you love.

TDSA, a forum sponsor, has a really good advanced class. I'm not sure about schools in the Edmond/OKC area.

Good luck and be safe.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe Kahr recommends 200 rounds for break in.

Yes, and I experienced zero problems with mine during the breakin. :gun1:

Kahr makes a nice weapon that is super reliable.
I just don't like the 45 for CCW. :giveup: Personal preference is all.
I've only recently even gotten to where I'll carry an auto.:anyone:

Oh and I think Swat-T does a handgun course for the locals in the OKC area.
You can find him on the board.

GLOCKinator

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another holster option might be the smart carry. I actually have one now I use with my Ruger LCP (.380 auto). I most cases I don't even realize I have it on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom