Broke my neck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
grizzly97
I am sorry that you got hurt. But I am glad that you were able to make it back to the surface to get help. 8 weeks is a long time to be limited but it is better than a lifetime of not being able to move or even worse taking a dirt bath. You said you could not shoot? Does that mean even a .22? I mean you figure no recoil that maybe that's an option.
Anyways take care of your self and get healed up. Any injury that puts you out for any amount of time sucks. Prayers sent God bless bud.

I hadn't thought about a .22. That's a fine idea! At this point, I'm just staying at still as possible. Maybe in a few weeks I could give it a try. This is the one injury in my life that I'm taking very serious. I got lucky, so I'm not going to push my luck. lol

Thanks again for the support everyone!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll be saying prayers for you. I have a huge, deep pool. When I bought the house, one of my condtions was that the diving board be removed. I've had several cases that are pretty much like what you described and I didn't want to hurt myself or see any friends or family hurt.

Please be careful and make sure you get a really good doctor.

God bless

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's some crazy stuff! I can see it happening but I've never even thought about hitting my head on the hump like that. Glad you are okay and thanks for sharing, I know it will me think twice before jumping off a diving board.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hated to hear about your accident (and we missed you at the benefit match). Sure am glad you're going to be ok though. Keep us updated and prayers sent!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I've personally seen and treated people on the bad end of an experience like that. I can tell you that you are extremely lucky.

As someone else mentioned, that design is no longer considered safe. In order to have a safe diving end, the glide path has to be much longer than they used to make pools back in the 70's and 80's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom