Burn ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see where it is necessary for now but what always gets me is the fact that after the state puts on the ban it seems to forget to lift it even after heavy rains. I remember one year they left it on so long that it even made national news about the silly burn ban even thou we were flooding out.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see where it is necessary for now but what always gets me is the fact that after the state puts on the ban it seems to forget to lift it even after heavy rains. I remember one year they left it on so long that it even made national news about the silly burn ban even thou we were flooding out.

It's true. They are very slow to lift it even when it should be. Being able to make a fire will make or break a camping trip for me.

P35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be nice to be able to grill some meat once again!
this is from the OK burn ban website, I need some char coaled cow myself
CAMPFIRES AND OUTDOOR COOKING
Outdoor campfires or bonfires are prohibited. LPG and natural gas grills and charcoal-fired cooking outside in a grilling receptacle are permitted provided that the activity is conducted over a non-flammable surface and at least five feet from flammable vegetation. Coleman-type pressurized stoves are exempt. However, any fire resulting from grilling or the use of one of these cookers or stoves is still an illegal fire.
http://www.forestry.ok.gov/burn-ban-information

Latest posts

Top Bottom