Burn / Fireworks Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just told by the Blanchard Fire Department that a burn ban is now in effect for McClain County and no shooting of fireworks is allowed unless it is a display authorized by the City of Blanchard and the Fire Department is present and supervising.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a perfect way to celebrate our Independence from an oppressive Government than to be oppressed by another one telling us what we can and can't do. We can't buy liquor on Sunday or Holidays, we can't shoot fireworks on Independence Day, and on, and on, and on. I hope some of the idiots in other cities choose to let people celebrate responsibly.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a perfect way to celebrate our Independence from an oppressive Government than to be oppressed by another one telling us what we can and can't do. We can't buy liquor on Sunday or Holidays, we can't shoot fireworks on Independence Day, and on, and on, and on. I hope some of the idiots in other cities choose to let people celebrate responsibly.

Really?

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree we don't need anymore fires but I also don't need the Guberment to tell me when, where ,and how I can live my life. If an accident happens I pay taxes so that the Fireman can come and put it out..........they haven't been to my place to date. Just venting I guess. Certainly not bashing our Firefighters.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You would really take the chance to burn homes, property and possibly kill or injure someone just to shot some fireworks? I have my license to shoot fireworks and would not even consider it in these conditions. Been in fire service for 21 years and this is one of the worst I have seen for a long time, so yes I agree with burn ban 100%.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree we don't need anymore fires but I also don't need the Guberment to tell me when, where ,and how I can live my life. If an accident happens I pay taxes so that the Fireman can come and put it out..........they haven't been to my place to date. Just venting I guess. Certainly not bashing our Firefighters.

we can all gather at your apartment to do the fireworks... obviously not a home owner....

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would really take the chance to burn homes, property and possibly kill or injure someone just to shot some fireworks? I have my license to shoot fireworks and would not even consider it in these conditions. Been in fire service for 21 years and this is one of the worst I have seen for a long time, so yes I agree with burn ban 100%.

As if I really need to answer your ridiculous question.......no, no, and no.

Latest posts

Top Bottom