Burn / Fireworks Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more thing to ponder. In other states, they are prepared for things like this and will designate areas to set off fireworks. Most generally beaches on lake shores. Big city parks work fine as well. I have seen this work well in the past. The best scenario for both worlds really.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Natural gas, LPG and electric "grills" aren't grillin, just cookin outside. Charcoal FTW!

Anyway, here's a link to the forrestry website. Just click on your county and it'll have the specific language for the ban in said county.

http://www.forestry.ok.gov/burn-ban-information

Thank you for posting that link. I was just getting ready to do that myself. Everyone in Oklahoma should have that URL bookmarked.

A little fire with some wind can become devasting rather quickly.

Had a talk at work about this today. Where exactly does it line out in the state statues that the counties have the authority to ban fireworks?? There is actually no mention of them in the state forestry laws concerning burn bans. Furthermore, at what point is the county responsible for the lost revenue for the individuals that depend on this time of year for firework sales?

Just playing devils advocate here. Not really taking one side or the other, just asking questions.

In regards to the question of authority to ban fireworks...looking at the wording of the ban in Cleveland Co., they're not banning fireworks specifically. In fact, as you mentioned, fireworks aren't even mentioned in the wording. "It's illegal to start a fire or burn any material that may cause a fire (paraphrased)". They're not banning fireworks, just the act of burning things. So, fireworks haven't been banned. You just can't light them during the burn ban.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom