Burn / Fireworks Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually called my county commish and asked when/ if a ban was going to be put in place and expressed my desire to see a ban in action prior to July 4th.
Why? Because my neighbors are idiots and care nothing about burning my pasture/house/shop/horse...etc. I have 9 acres of tall thick brown crispy burmuda grass and 3 months ago one of my idiot neighbors set a fire accidentally and bured 3 acres of pasture. The FD was able to get it put out 5' before it reached my shop...which contained my RV and a King Ranch F250 as well as 300 gal of diesel fuel.
I would not have felt comfortable leaving to go to the lake over the long weekend had a ban not been put in place.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows burn ban or not I can guarantee you will see/hear fireworks being shot anyway. As with all laws, it only keeps the honest people from acting. There will still be many a fire to fight I am sure. Granted, likely many less than if there were no ban, but still.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows burn ban or not I can guarantee you will see/hear fireworks being shot anyway. As with all laws, it only keeps the honest people from acting. There will still be many a fire to fight I am sure. Granted, likely many less than if there were no ban, but still.
This is true, however I live close enough to town that I imagine the law will make a good showing and come Dow on those around me breaking the law.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some SEVERE penalties floating around out there, in some counties if the FD has to come extinguish a fireworks fire & the offender is identified they get to pay the fine plus the fire department's tab. So while I know that people are still going to shoot, some of those folks are going to get hammered with fines too.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canadian county is under a burn ban that expires July 1. It will likely be extended as they do it week by week here. 4th of July in Mustang is the coolest day of the year here. Gonna suck not having the fun, but it is what it is.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I want to say is "thank you" to all the firefighters out there (both paid and volunteer) and stay safe. It's gonna be a long weekend ... because there's always an idiot in the crowd.

And to the idiots out there ... it's not the firecrackers that make the holiday what it is ... it's the time you get to spend with family and friends. And in the quiet of the evening, after all the barbeque is eaten and the beer is drunk, the realization that our founding fathers got it right -- and that we are extremely lucky to be living here -- now -- even with all our problems -- in the greatest country in the world.

(GAWD, I hate it when you guys make me get on my soapbox ... sheesh ...)

fire65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there weren't so many dumb ass people in the world we would not have to have a burn ban. Come to Altus, we will now hit you with up to a $500 dollar fine for being stupid.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there weren't so many dumb ass people in the world we would not have to have a burn ban. Come to Altus, we will now hit you with up to a $500 dollar fine for being stupid.

Grady Co. fine for burning durring a ban, up to 1000$ and a year in the slammer! I about **** when I heard that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom