California Spenders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you ever get into trouble with your buddies, then use the excuse that your friend was doing it, and your parents ask you if you would jump off a cliff if your friend did it?

Our noble west coast state is always in the lead on any trend that comes along and many times sets a new trends for all of us.

They are showing us how it is done on the tax and spend ball game right now. Taking our current national spendthrift game to a new level. It is going to be interesting for the country to watch what they do to themselves. I just hope the responsible states don't end up having to loan them their credit cards to keep the experiement running.

Here is a history of Californias credit rating.

http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/ratings/history.asp

You will find the word lowered in it 23 times and the word Downgraded in there 12 times.

Any thoughts about what will happen when?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That would likely cut into the profit margins of a lot of californias entrepreuners.

I know your comment was in jest but that is exactly what it would do. It'd take the money out of the hands of illegals and cartels and put it in the hands of the government. Established dispensaries that sell medicinal marijuana legally, though the marginal profit will decrease due to taxes, the gross profit would likely increase due to the increase in volume. By making it legal the only folks that would suffer an undue financial burden are the ones selling it illegally.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the 10 cities with the highest unemployment as of Oct. 2012:

Yuma, Ariz. 29.8
El Centro, Calif. 28.1
Yuba City, Calif. 15.3
Merced, Calif. 14.7
Visalia-Porterville, Calif. 14.4
Modesto, Calif. 13.9
Fresno, Calif. 13.9
Hanford-Corcoran, Calif. 13.9
Stockton, Calif. 13.6
Vineland-Millville-Bridgeton, N.J. 13.3
source

It's no surprise to me that 8 of the 10 cities listed are from CA. We also now have a Democratic super majority in both the house and state senate. No partisan roadblocks for CA to show the world that a tax and spend economy is the last thing we should be attempting. I am glad I am moving out of the state very soon. Many of those cities are rich with illegal aliens doing local farming, and because of budget cuts police are short handed and crime is rampant. It very sad actually, watching this beautiful state spiral out of control.

If they legalized pot it wouldn't change anything. The federal government will continue to walk in at will and raid the shops and walk away with 100% of the profits and product. I imagine they will do the same thing in the states that have actually legalized it. I think MJ prohibition could lead to a new era of states rights(Standing up to the feds). But it really depends on how all this plays out(how the feds are gonna react, and how the states react to that).

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In many respects, there is no single state of California. The Coastal areas are beautiful and prosperous and people are in denial that there is a problem. The Central Valley and much of LA is in bad shape.

What the federal government wants to do and is able to do will probably determine California's fate. If it goes badly, I can picture the Grapes of Wrath in reverse as the California welfare class is cut off and moves east.

Latest posts

Top Bottom