Can someone help me with a Dillion 650?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get to order a Dillion 650 for Christmas!

So can I treat one lucky OSA member to a cup of coffee to help me understand everything options I need to order with the press. I have the tumbler, just adding press and dies...

Thanks
Jesse

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get to order a Dillion 650 for Christmas!

So can I treat one lucky OSA member to a cup of coffee to help me understand everything options I need to order with the press. I have the tumbler, just adding press and dies...

Thanks
Jesse

I just went through the process of buying a 650 a couple of months ago. I'll be at the Sooner Grand National Gun Show this weekend in Tulsa. Feel free to stop by and I'll share my experience and recommendations.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im in Tulsa and have a 650 give me a shout if you have any specific questions. I'd highly recommend Brian Enos either way

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments... The Brian Enos site is great! After reading everything, considering I'm just getting into reloading, I'm now thinking about the 550B kit's he has listed...

Comments?

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Brian Enos site is a very good read, but DANG!!! that's a lot of information.

On the 550b, must you buy a caliber conversion kit change dies? I don't mind little setup as I'll be loading mostly 9mm and 223. From time to time, I'll load 38 special, and 40 along with 308.

If I have to have a complete kit for each caliber, that's another $800

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are asking if you have to buy a seperate toolhead and powder measure for each change, short answer is no. You can switch out loading dies on the same toolhead and use the same powder measure but may have to change out the expander on the measure and may have to change the shell plate. Some will interchange. You can find toolheads from time to time on the cheap and slowly build a quick change set up. I hope this helps. later rdd

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, you have to have the caliber conversion kit, it is the shell plate and pins, for $42.95 or something like that. If I was setting up new, I would buy the toolheads for each caliber in addition to the kit, but not get the powder meter. I would buy meters from someone else other than Dillon. IMO, that is the shortfall of the setup, the meters don't have any kind of calibration on them, so adjusting to a new powder charge is trial and error.

Latest posts

Top Bottom