How 'bout a hot cup of Joe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot, bubba, they ain’t mentioned nothing yet. My normal “get out the door” coffee comes from a Cuisinart that grinds the beans before making the coffee, but when I have the time, I have an electric kettle, a hand burr grinder, a Hario digital scale, and a Chemex carafe that I use to make an exceptional cup of coffee.

Doesn’t stop me from drinking the stuff at work or even at QT or Loves, but it’s nice to have a quality cup of coffee every now and then.
You bring up a good point, good coffee can be quick easy and cheap. Your Chemex is nothing more than a pour over device. All you need are the basics, good water, fresh beans, a good grinder, and care, and practice. The Chemex makes a great cup, And if you have a few people over, and everyone wants a cup after dinner, you put the chemex on the table and by the time it steeps, in their minds it going to be the best cup ever. Same with a French press, great cup, moka, good cup, with learning curve, and then those vacuum things, showy but not my favorite. And one of my favorites cowboy coffee, bring the water up to a boil in the kettle, add the grounds and then take it off the fire, put it on the edge of the fire, do not let it boil again, steep, and when you're ready to serve, sprinkle a little cold water in the kettle, and it settles the grounds, everybody misses that, great coffee.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I am a yuppie lol. The best coffee you ever have will be out of an espresso machine or press. If I am camping I will roll with a moka pot. Really it is the only kind I can drink. Everything else is trash 😂

I don't drink SB or anything like that though. I am going to offend some people but BRCC is poop too.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not like hot food or hot drinks unless it is just hot like tap water at 110.

NO coffee for me I like milk or juice. Vegetable or Fruit juice I do not care.
But No coffee.
More for you guys and gals.
Oh no, I was thinking about putting a campaign together and running you for President, but the no coffee thing is a deal breaker. President swamratt is not in your future.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not like hot food or hot drinks unless it is just hot like tap water at 110.

NO coffee for me I like milk or juice. Vegetable or Fruit juice I do not care.
But No coffee.
More for you guys and gals.
There's this new invention called ice. I prefer iced coffee, you can chug it and the caffeine hits faster.
Daughter works at Dollar Tree and they have Snickers and Twix flavored iced coffee in a can for $1.25 each.

View attachment 399454
I got some of these out of curiosity, and I love canned coffee. (Asian stores have some good ones) these are pretty good, more of a caffeinated milk shake than a coffee though

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I am a yuppie lol. The best coffee you ever have will be out of an espresso machine or press. If I am camping I will roll with a moka pot. Really it is the only kind I can drink. Everything else is trash 😂

I don't drink SB or anything like that though. I am going to offend some people but BRCC is poop too.
Years ago BRCC made a decent product, packages had the origin of the beans, roast date, they would send you unique and special blends, but their quality has went way down hill.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've never tried Black Rifle. I know, I know...I've just always been content with Dunkin' (which is already expensive enough) and never that BRCC would be any better just because it costs more. I dunno...maybe I'm wrong and depriving myself. :rolleyes2

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never tried Black Rifle. I know, I know...I've just always been content with Dunkin' (which is already expensive enough) and never that BRCC would be any better just because it costs more. I dunno...maybe I'm wrong and depriving myself. :rolleyes2
Are you sure you're not drinking bad coffee so you can spend more on donuts?

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need about 2-3 8oz mugs in the morning (2-lungo servings/mug) --black. I like our Chemex, like even better the Aeropress--especially for taking on the road. Currently using a Gaggia Velasca auto at home. Makes a great espresso and lungo. LaVazza Espresso Italiano beans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom