How 'bout a hot cup of Joe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my drillers liked coffee so strong no one else would drink it so as a compromise he made “normal” coffee then put some Folgers Crystals in it to tighten it up.
The crew was busy one day and the pot ran dry. New guy always makes the coffee right? The new guy came to him and said “I can’t find any coffee.”
He told the new guy “ there’s some in my locker.”
New guy “ how much do I put in ?”
“Fill it to the ring around the basket .” This is a 40 cup peculator.
In goes the entire 16oz jar.

No one could drink it.

Ahhh. Morning tour rig coffee.

Jim Parry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my coffee so strong it shows up on a drug test!

1691336566921.png

Birdseed

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Coffee keeps me sane and out of jail. I like no lack coffee, no other way to drink it. Our oldest son got us drinking Dazbog White Nights Expresso in our expresso machine. It makes the best black coffee, all other coffee is church coffee, tasteless.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drank coffee all my life. Ground the beans, etc. Now I am unable to drink it w/o side effects.

Donuts are a favorite of mine but seldom buy them anymore. Krispy Kreme are good hot,..... but is about 25 miles from my house. I like those asian hole in the wall donut shops.

My dad loved Clarks in Bethany. My fave was Browns uptown,closing but they say they'll reopen.

Polar donuts is supposed to be really good. IDK never around there.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Learned to drink coffee in the Army because it was the only way to stay warm while standing in a howitzer located somewhere in the forest near [what was then] East Germany, back in the '70's. Since then I've brewed it many ways, from using a Keurig (piss water) to 'cowboy' (knife & fork optional) while backpacking. I often switch from one type to another and never to the sugar/artificial flavor laden crap known as 'indulgence' coffees.
Currently I'm drinking my favorite pour-over, a small-batch crafted medium roast 100% Arabica from Caribou Coffee of Minnesota but it's difficult to find it, even on-line. Before that it was Cafe du Monte (New Orleans) with chicory which I learned to enjoy the flavor of when I lived in Georgia.
I'm not really a coffee snob though (even if I do use a cup-warmer) 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom