How 'bout a hot cup of Joe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love coffee. :coffee2:

And I'm not talking about mocha, jucho lattes or caramel macchiatos or whatever them damned yuppies at Starbys drink, I'm talking a good, hot cup of brew.

I think I was probably 8 years old when my grandpa gave me my first cup. It was blacker than coal and tasted twice as bad. "It's an acquired taste" he told me.

Over the years, I did acquire the taste, but I usually only drank it when it was cold weather. Then, when I turned 21 in the summer of 89, I donned a gun and a badge and was introduced to hoots (11pm-7am) and then coffee became a necessity just like blood in your veins.

At the agency I worked at, our Mr. Coffee maker, never got turned off. If it got down low, someone would just make a new pot on top of what was still in the carafe. Hell, I've drank 3 or 4 day old coffee lots of times.

Many years later, I started adding cream and sugar to my coffee. It's more recreational nowadays than medicinal. I can still hear my father saying "you know you've become a man, when you have your first cup of black coffee." He also said things like, "if you need cream and sugar, you don't need coffee." But I can't hang anymore without it.

So, what's your poison? Do you like the frilly, girly iced coffee drinks? Or do you buy the cheapest coffee you can find? I like Dunkin' but if I can't afford it, I'll buy Cains.

e1640000eddea569a6c234e0110c50de.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom