How 'bout a hot cup of Joe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go through phases. It's either black or with heavy cream, or occasionally with a pat of Kerrygold butter if I don't have any cream. It sounds strange, but if you think about it, butter is just heavy cream that got whipped too long, and the butter or cream has enough protein to settle my stomach if the morning meds stir it up. (I think it's that damn horse pill of potassium that does it, but the doctor keeps renewing the rx on it. Thanks, Covid.)

At home I drink Black Rifle's Just Black or Freedom Roast. At work, we get something from a roaster in BA (IIRC) that's some kind of African blend, I think.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the aromatic smell of fresh brewing coffee, ranks up there with a cigarette being lit by a Zippo or steaks and burgers sizzling on the grill.
You’re really startin’ to sound like someone I could hang with. 😂😂 I’m a child of the 60s (1968) and started drinking coffee right out of high school in ‘86. Went to work as a delivery driver for an electrical wholesaler and started drinking the stuff. For me the darker the roast the better (none of that foofy stuff) and I can take it black or with a little cream and sugar. Used to drink a pot or so a day until maybe 10 years ago and now it’s usually just 1-2 cups of regular and 1-2 decaf unless I’m fishing. 😉 Any more than that and I start getting headaches. I definitely was caffeine dependent and three times in the past if I didn’t get my coffee a migraine was right around the corner. I hate being addicted to anything so I’d lay off for a while but always manage to get back to overdoing it again.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love coffee. :coffee2:

And I'm not talking about mocha, jucho lattes or caramel macchiatos or whatever them damned yuppies at Starbys drink, I'm talking a good, hot cup of brew.

I think I was probably 8 years old when my grandpa gave me my first cup. It was blacker than coal and tasted twice as bad. "It's an acquired taste" he told me.

Over the years, I did acquire the taste, but I usually only drank it when it was cold weather. Then, when I turned 21 in the summer of 89, I donned a gun and a badge and was introduced to hoots (11pm-7am) and then coffee became a necessity just like blood in your veins.

At the agency I worked at, our Mr. Coffee maker, never got turned off. If it got down low, someone would just make a new pot on top of what was still in the carafe. Hell, I've drank 3 or 4 day old coffee lots of times.

Many years later, I started adding cream and sugar to my coffee. It's more recreational nowadays than medicinal. I can still hear my father saying "you know you've become a man, when you have your first cup of black coffee." He also said things like, "if you need cream and sugar, you don't need coffee." But I can't hang anymore without it.

So, what's your poison? Do you like the frilly, girly iced coffee drinks? Or do you buy the cheapest coffee you can find? I like Dunkin' but if I can't afford it, I'll buy Cains.

View attachment 399243
Well . . . coffee is the elixir of the gods ! I now brew a strong dark oily French roast. Yummy !

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9de3f8a7ba4cf113d9a536c2a2e8e90a.jpg

Folgers black silk or maxwell house dark roast from a mr coffee 4 cup drip... momma said I'm a simple man...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My wife drinks the flavored stuff at the house and I drink it with her on the weekends, meh, I could take it or leave it.
I used to drink Folgers at work but recently switched to the Kirkland brand from Costco. I’m liking it pretty well.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hot and black. Used to be Folger's ... one of the darker roasts preferably ... and it still is, part of the time. I discovered McCafe, which you can often find on sale at Dollar General, is actually made by Keurig and is pretty fine coffee. When they put it on sale, I stock up. Five jug in the pantry right now!

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i like coffee......i like it black...... i like it fresh....i like it three days old.....i like coffee. i have made coffee by putting it in my sock and boiling the sock. i went into a starbucks once! they asked me what kind i wanted???? i said folgers!!! i left without coffee. still can't believe there is a coffee house that don't serve coffee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom