How 'bout a hot cup of Joe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to admit it, but Starbucks Pike Place roast is awesome. I wouldn’t personally pay that much for coffee, but my wife buys it and I’ll happily drink her coffee.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cafe Bustelo. Every morning. And whatever I can get my hands on during the day. Company I work with has the big Starbucks machines at most of the property's, which makes a really mediocre cup that you have to add crap too to be potable. But at the main office they have a big Kureg and every kind of K-cup you could think of.
Yea, Bustelo is one of my favorites. About 30 years ago I was staying on a boat on the Miami river in Miami, and there was a really nice Cuban restaurant close by, I'd walk over there and have coffee with a local group. They take their coffee, and Bustello was their favorite, in a demitasse cup with loads of sugar. Having coffee with people, learning the way they make it and drink it is a great way to break the ice. You can't go to New Orleans without going to the Cafe Dumond and having a latte and Beignets (sp?) If you're in Canada you don't say lets get some coffee, it's let's have a coffee. i guess I just like coffee.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I operated a coffee house for a few years. Brand of coffee doesn't matter, TYPE of coffee and roast matters.
100% Arabica is the best. All coffee originates from 1 mountain in Turkey. The soil and climate determine flavor.

Starpukes is burnt grass.

90% of what we drink is Viridian Cowboy Blend. Roasted in Duncan, Okla. We run it through a Mr Coffee. Cowboy camp coffee is an occasional indulgence. Always with a splash of heavy cream and some coconut sugar (not as sweet as cane or corn sugar and diabetic safe), from a Mason jar. Coffee stops at 11 am.

Grew up in house full of coffee and cigarettes. Papa had a 22 cup percolator, got started at daylight and turned off at bedtime. Grandma drank 1 cup, at breakfast. Mom and Dad drank coffee all day, too. Uncle (Mom's older brother) never drank coffee or alcohol, never smoked; even with Army and working oilfield. Hated the tastes.

I dont do fru fru, designer coffee flavors. I dont do ice coffee, though granddaughter loves them. Coffee is an acquired taste and different tastes are acquired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom