How 'bout a hot cup of Joe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys liking strong coffee ought give this a go. They start making it about 4:30 or so.

Greek coffee is great! It's a superfine grind, you can use a torch to heat the cup instead of sand.

My ex once ordered a "Turkish coffee" in a Greek restaurant. The owner came to our table.She was quite irate and explained that "We serve GREEK coffee, this IS A GREEK restaurant. There is no such thing as Turkish coffee."

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys n gals. Sitting on my back porch drinking my brew right now.
I acquired the taste at a young age myself with my dad and his morning coffee before work. He would wake around 4 or 5 AM each morning and read his newspaper and drink his coffee. I got in the habit of getting up with him and he would make me a cup with a little sugar. After the Army, where I learned what REAL bad coffee was, lol, I went to work at Tinker AFB where the coffee fund was a dollar a week. While still a newbie I got myself a cup and brought my trainer, a Mr. Melvin Carnes, a WW2 Vet who survived the Battan Death March a cup as well. Putting a spoon of sugar in mine, there was a single granule that attached itself to the rim of his cup via static electricity. I saw it, but thought nothing of it. But... when he took his first sip, he sputtered, spit it out and went to cussing like I had tried to kill him. I said there was no way he could taste a single grain of sugar.
As a deer hunter back in the day, if you ran into another hunter who offered you a cup, it was generally black. So I got used to drinking mine black also.
As the years passed, I became the one doing the training at Tinker and had a trainee bring me a cup. As I took my first sip, I saw the single grain of sugar on the rim. When I took the sip, it was like putting a spoon full of cough syrup in my mouth. I sputtered, spit it out and cussed. Deja vu!!!
The cup in front of me is BLACK, but I still remember that single granule.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had to give up smoking, dipping, chewing, drinking, and chasing wild women, due to getting old. I ant abbout to give up coffee!!

A co-worker had retired at 55. I would talk to him on weekly basis and we went fishing. Suddenly, I received no calls, he didn't answer calls, was not at home, nobody knew where he was. He had talked of visiting some relatives, so I figured he had gone out of State. He was prone to such actions.

A month passes, I get a phone call, at work. I ask how he has been? He tells me he has been in the hospital. He had decided he better straighten himself out if he was going to enjoy a long retirement. He quit smoking, quit alcohol, sodas, coffee. Started eating "healthy", cut red meat and started jogging. A week later, he collapsed and was rushed to hospital.

Dr told him, his body had shutdown from shock, you can't do that chit all at the same time. He was back to living normal, except no smoking and feeling great.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
coffee.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom