How 'bout a hot cup of Joe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30000 (40).jpg

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I brew coffee at home from ground whole beans. My peferred brands are Starbucks (I can feel the flamin' arrows already) and Dunkin'. I been drinking the Starbucks Yukon blend since 1971 when I discovered it on a business trip to Seattle.
Yukon Blend has an interesting history of being one of the very first blends. Indeed, it was mentioned in the Seattle Times in a 1971 review about the new Starbucks store at Pike Place Market. The official Starbucks Yukon Blend story goes like this:

“Starbucks lore tells the tale of Yukon Blend® as a coffee created for one of our original customers – the captain of a fishing boat. He asked us to make a coffee blend for his crew that could stand up to the frigid mornings and long days fishing in the cold waters where the Yukon River feeds into the Bering Sea. We created Yukon Blend®: a hearty, bold, well-rounded coffee that can withstand any adventure the day might throw at you … even icy waves over the bow.”

Yukon Blend has the distinction of being in the coffee lineup and then removed from the lineup between sometime in 2008 to about August 2009 when it was reintroduced as an organic coffee. I can’t think of another coffee that started out as a core coffee, pulled from the shelves to be reformulated as organic, and re-introduced as an organic core coffee. This grizzly blend has been around since 1971 and well loved ever since.

Yukon Blend was also a favorite of La Boulange founder Pascal Rigo. Back when Starbucks operated La Boulange stores, their house coffee offering was indeed Yukon Blend, though not called that. Speaking of Yukon Blend being sold under different names, this coffee was at one time sold in Texas under the name “Big Hat Blend.”

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy whole-bean coffee, generally from small roasting companies. I grind fresh before each pot, brew into thermal carafe and then transfer to large YETI tumbler (30 oz), add half-and-half, and sip on it for hours. If I have big project, I may start a 2nd in the early evening (work from home; on-and-off; from 6AM to midnight). Wish I could still smell it, but the China-virus killed my sense of smell.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured you of all people were one of those fellers who got up at 5am every morning and threw back an entire pot before sunrise. Who knew? :anyone:
Haha. Not even a bit. The only time I see 5am is when I can't go to sleep, or MAYBE when I go hunting. Even then, I can't stand coffee. I hate the smell of it even.

Growing up, every morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and cigarettes. Can't stand either of them. 😆 😆

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Free coffee is the best except for Folgers.
Maybe just me but I can't handle the smell or the taste.
Stuff must be floor sweepings or something. :anyone:
Leave a big Folgers can next to your coffee pot and I won't be trying to bum a cup of coffee from you.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it's 100% Columbian, medium roast, roasted by monks living on an island on the first Italian roasting machine brought in to the country. Whole bean, brewed within 1/2 and hour of grinding. French press, RO filtered water. Though I do need to get a new Bialetti. I use to have an pump espresso machine which I liked, but it took up counter space, If I had the cash I would get a real deal Italian machine.

https://store.vashonmonks.com/promised-blend/
I do miss vivace tho

https://espressovivace.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom