Can youse guys help me out??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well sis, your a shade older than I and to the best of my knowledge the tree didn't hit your head. So you'll come up with something. If you need steel square tube ,ya might give me a holler as I have access to.

What size? $$$

I could use about 16 - 8' post

I put up the fence, at other house in '04.
Called 1 fence guy, he was $52 per foot. Did it myself for $8. I'm guessing $20 today and $100 would be a legitimate bid.

Need to get one up at this house and get some chickens going, may add 2-3 ducks and a turkey.

To stray back to the road, American Fence is good, but pricey. Go to lumber yard and ask for recommendations.

To set the post, use expanding cement foam, not concrete.

Last edited:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like your’e going back with wood posts but if you decide to do chain link I’ve got a couple rolls stashed, new old stock.

A couple dozen cc cookies I keep hearing about would make a great trade!😁😁

I should’ve said used but good old stock, but still cookie worthy.

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you are going to have livestock don't use chain link,use a good high tensile field fence or sometimes called woven wire. use 2 inch galvanized ss20 or ss40 posts driven deep and spaced at at 20 to 25 feet intervals. the tension in the wire will make the fence very rigid so no need for the extra posts. drive a ss40 4 inch corner with an angled 2 inch 6 foot long angled brace welded to a flush driven 3 inch or bugger 5 feet long driven flush. strain the wire fiddle tight . don't use american wire....especially red brand.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What size? $$$

I could use about 16 - 8' post

I put up the fence, at other house in '04.
Called 1 fence guy, he was $52 per foot. Did it myself for $8. I'm guessing $20 today and $100 would be a legitimate bid.

Need to get one up at this house and get some chickens going, may add 2-3 ducks and a turkey.

To stray back to the road, American Fence is good, but pricey. Go to lumber yard and ask for recommendations.

To set the post, use expanding cement foam, not concrete.
I'll look into it for you, what size are you in need of ? Your about 2.5 hours from shawnee, yes ?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: I can't tell what the neighbors did but the fence is upright (it had a serious lean going on) and firm and steady. So ... I'll still call and get estimates but it looks like I can do this in stages now (which works a lot better for me anyhoooo) ...

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions and offers to help out. Y'all are a great bunch of guys! 😘

Latest posts

Top Bottom