Can youse guys help me out??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if i was closer might try to help but would have to charge by the job cause im real real slow now days, putting post into concrete isnt as hard as you think with the right equipment depending on what kind of metal post your wanting and easier if the post are going back in the same spot as the old wooden post are.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Clark too.
One thing to note, there's a ton of markup in fencing. We got 5 bids for a 100' long fence with one gate and one pedestrian gate and they all said the thing was going to run over $10k in 2015. For that kinda money could rent a two-mex from Home Depot and do it myself. Ended up being about $2200 and I used cedar posts for the gating, 4x6 treated and concreted posts, and decking planks for the fence panels. Heavy duty for these Oklahoma winds. It's (some) bulletproof. We let the kids shoot bb guns out there from time to time. Saved me a ton of money.
If you know some teenage boys you can buy the parts and have them set the posts for you for a few bucks, then save the rest of the cash for all those wild party nights.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if i was closer might try to help but would have to charge by the job cause im real real slow now days, putting post into concrete isnt as hard as you think with the right equipment depending on what kind of metal post your wanting and easier if the post are going back in the same spot as the old wooden post are.

I thought about that but am not sure if it's doable. I don't think putting a post in the hole is as big a deal as getting the old post out. Honestly it's just a gigantic pain in my ass, ya know??

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about that but am not sure if it's doable. I don't think putting a post in the hole is as big a deal as getting the old post out. Honestly it's just a gigantic pain in my ass, ya know??
A farmer's jack works great for pulling the old post out.
46204_2_2000x2000.jpg

Just wrap a tow rope around the post, set the jacklip under the rope (or tie it to it), and run the jack up. That's what I found worked the best. For any that busted or didn't want to come out, i used the two-mex to dig them out with the blade.

Ditch-Witch-Mini-Skidsteer-Loader-SK800-1-scaled.jpg

It's not super easy work, but an old geezer can do it. Rental was only about $100/day too, and it included the blade pictured, and two sizes of post hole drills. Call Okie before you dig ;)

Oh, and don't call it a Two-Mex when you go to pick it up. I imagine that's a bit dated now.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Had a buddy that lived up in Bethany a few years ago that got two quotes on fencing for his pretty big backyard and they were both big $$$......with the cost of building materials, which I assume also means fence panels, being higher now compared to back then I'll bet to have it done will be pretty darn expensive.

He figured out how many wood posts, fence panels, screws for screwing the panels to the posts and bags of fast hardening Quickcrete he'd need and had those delivered and stacked in his backyard and he also rented a gas post hole auger........everything we needed material and hand tool wise was on site by Fri. afternoon.

He didn't want to mess with pulling the old concreted in posts and then having to haul them off so we cut them off ground level and set the new posts beside them.

Six of us showed up early one Sat. morning in mid July and got finished about supper time........ice chests full of cold water, pop and beer were available and his wife went out and bought carry out burgers and fries for lunch and we'd just got done and the pizza delivery guy showed up with enough pizza to feed a army.

I can't recall the exact amount but but he said he ended up saving a bunch.

If you can get everything material wise figured out and delivered and enough fellas willing to show up and help I'd be more than willing to volunteer a day of labor.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ... This is gonna be a mess. Nothing the original owner did makes any sense at all -- the ENTIRE backyard perimeter and both sideyards are concrete. :scratch: All the WOODEN posts are set in the CONCRETE mini sidewalk (approximately 18 inches wide, 4-6 inches deep) with no attempt made to direct water away from the posts, so ... :scratch::scratch:

I'm not even sure how it's actually lasted this long but ... I'd like to put steel posts in but I don't see anyway to do that unless we set them outside the concrete ledge he has created (taking that **** out would be a nightmare) or set them in the openings he left in the concrete to out marigolds in. I dunno -- we'll figure something out.

Everything else is just basic put this fence here and give me a gate to get in and out of. 🤷🤷

Then all I have to do is plant some fruits and veggies, plant some flowers here and there, and enjoy my little backyard.
Might as well make the gate a drive through size and leave one end staked. That's what I did. That concrete can be cored and posts set.

https://www.fencemastersokc.com/
Aren't these guys the off duty hose draggin foundation savers on TV?

Latest posts

Top Bottom