Can youse guys help me out??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post 12 and some cookies?
I can see it now, Some joker, :naughty: with a sharpie and a wooden post.

1673650752892.png

superslomo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did mine with foam to anchor the 4x4's into the soil. Best move since sliced bread. Doesn't rot the wood, like concrete. Weighs fractions compared to concrete. Costs roughly the same as concrete. No having to haul water to each hole, like concrete. No concrete dust, like concrete. No ugly clean up. Put mine up back in 2017. No issues to this day with Oklahoma winds.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put wood posts in the year 1999 and 2000 and heaped up the concrete.
I had to replace 2 posts 2 years ago because my son let his dog dig along the fence and cover the heaped concrete and that dirt held too much moisture and rotted the fence post.

I do love me some Structural pipe but if that is not an option the Fox building supply has .095" wall posts and I use those.
Home depot and lowes call their posts heavy duty but they are only .065" wall.

Structural I used was the same 2 3/8" outside diameter and was .156" wall thickness.

Steel is all I will use now as the lumber in the last many years has became JUNK.

I have one original post in my yard ( circa1974) hexagon shaped and smells like a railroad tie.
It refuses to die. My gate slams against it all the time.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok ... Well you guys have given me some things to think about. Let me call around next week and see what I'm looking at. May be that I do this a side at a time instead of all at once.

Grumpy has decided we intend to die in this house so there are some things that need to be done, improvement-wise because all the mid-1960s construction stuff is coming to the back end of it's useful life and I don't wanna be 90-something and having to replace the plumbing ... Although that's 25-30 years from now so knowing my luck it'll be time to do all this **** all over again. 🤷🤦🤦🤦

I will promise y'all this -- if I decide to take you all up in your offer to help out I will definitely make it worth your while -- if you won't let me pay you then cookies and beef jerky will be at least something to take home in your goodie bag. (No promises of ammo, though ... Lol ... That ****'s EXPENSIVE! 🤦🤦😘)

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Are the posts rotten and snapped at the ground ,some or all and how deep is the concrete path they are set in?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are the posts rotten and snapped at the ground ,some or all and how deep is the concrete path they are set in?

Oh no it couldn't be that easy. And I'm not sure exactly -- 4 to 6 inches?? I'll have to go double check tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no it couldn't be that easy. And I'm not sure exactly -- 4 to 6 inches?? I'll have to go double check tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work.
If they are not snapped off getting the posts out with a hi jack is pretty easy. Then you drop the steel post in the hole and cement it in.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ever see where when the amish and the like all pull together and help one another accomplish feats that would be tough on one body alone. Community , I think it's called .😁 There may come a time when it's revived but only time tells .

Latest posts

Top Bottom