Can youse guys help me out??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a buddy that lived up in Bethany a few years ago that got two quotes on fencing for his pretty big backyard and they were both big $$$......with the cost of building materials, which I assume also means fence panels, being higher now compared to back then I'll bet to have it done will be pretty darn expensive.

He figured out how many wood posts, fence panels, screws for screwing the panels to the posts and bags of fast hardening Quickcrete he'd need and had those delivered and stacked in his backyard and he also rented a gas auger........everything we needed was on site by Fri. afternoon.

He didn't want to mess with pulling to old concreted in posts and then having to haul them off so we cut them off ground level and set the new posts beside them.

Six of us showed up early one Sat. morning in mid July and got finished about supper time........ice chests full of cold water, pop and beer were available and his wife went out and bought carry out burgers and fries for lunch and we'd just got done and the pizza delivery guy showed up with enough pizza to feed a army.

I can't recall the exact amount but but he said he ended up saving a bunch.

If you can get everything material wise figured out and delivered and enough fellas willing to help I'd be more than willing to volunteer a day of labor.
I'm in and I have my own tools. Saws levels Yecch Post hole digger, Yecch!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know I do not use a level on most fence installs because the ground is not level.
I dig all post holes and place posts in them No concrete and then hang the fence panels if it is a panel build.
This way all the posts will be attached to the panels .
Then i brace the front and back of the panels and pour the concrete.

I will run a string line though.

Neighbor set posts and measured them all wrong and after a couple days of concrete curing he found out nothing fit up.
I helped him with the next side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom