Can't decide on what I want as far as a new semi-auto!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very similar to my "Can't decide on what I want as far as a revolver" thread.
But this has to do with semi-autos this time. :P
I want one of these four:

1) Beretta PX4 Storm (Full size, .40S&W)
2) H&K VP9
3) Smith & Wesson M&P40L C.O.R.E.
4) Sig P320 (Full size, .40S&W)

I know they're all good but not quite sure on what I oughta' get.
So give me y'all's opinions on these four pistols so I can get a better idea on what I oughta' get myself.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&K VP9 is the answer here.

I just wish that H&K would make the VP9 in .40S&W! Then I would totally get it in a heart beat. I just think that 9mm is, for lack of a better word, "underpowered".
I know there's good 9mm loads out there today but .40S&W and .45ACP is better in all regards except in magazine capacity.
But H&K won't listen to the people though. :'(

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The VP or M&P, but add the Walther PPQ and possibly CZ-P09 to your list if you haven't considered them.

I've thought about the PPQ M2, I do somewhat like it but it kinda' reminds me to much of a Hi-Point. I do like the P99 but with today's "modern" handguns, it seems a bit "outdated," for lack of a better word.
If I was to get a CZ it would be the SP-01 Tactical since I'm a lefty so I need the decocker/safety on the right hand side of the gun.
Why is choosing a handgun so hard!? Rifles are easier to choose from compared to handguns. :'(

Latest posts

Top Bottom