Can't decide on what I want as far as a new semi-auto!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Semis are a contentious issue for me; sub quality ammo, limp wristing, defective mags, I read it all to explain away the gnawing glitches that the top shelf semis give me. For show and tell, I like to post picks of Glock, and Beretta.

For carry, along with my Bulldog, I go with Makarov.

Doesn't really matter how I hold the Mak, or how crappy the ammo is - it shoots. My 9x18s will shoot he gamut of lower end ammo. And I am one of the guilty ones of running .380 ammo through it, too. While the .380s will key hole the target, they continue to cycle through the Maks just fine.

Now, I run some UMC through the 92 and I start having failures to cycle, same with the 30. Of course any problem in the world with the 30 and the term limp wristing is floated.

While limp wristing is the catch-all for the one, the defective magazine is the fall back on for the other. Just visit their sites, and see.

No one wins an argument, so I concede the point. But it is the Makarov that is worn tightly against my chest. Not the 92, not the 30...

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Semis are a contentious issue for me; sub quality ammo, limp wristing, defective mags, I read it all to explain away the gnawing glitches that the top shelf semis give me. For show and tell, I like to post picks of Glock, and Beretta.

For carry, along with my Bulldog, I go with Makarov.

Doesn't really matter how I hold the Mak, or how crappy the ammo is - it shoots. My 9x18s will shoot he gamut of lower end ammo. And I am one of the guilty ones of running .380 ammo through it, too. While the .380s will key hole the target, they continue to cycle through the Maks just fine.

Now, I run some UMC through the 92 and I start having failures to cycle, same with the 30. Of course any problem in the world with the 30 and the term limp wristing is floated.

While limp wristing is the catch-all for the one, the defective magazine is the fall back on for the other. Just visit their sites, and see.

No one wins an argument, so I concede the point. But it is the Makarov that is worn tightly against my chest. Not the 92, not the 30...

I just got a Bulgarian Makarov for my birthday and I love it. It is pretty darn accurate and will just keep on goin'.
From my understanding, a Bulgarian Mak is the 3rd best out there with the East German being 2nd and the Russian being 1st (Or maybe it's the other way around, I forgot).

Latest posts

Top Bottom