Carnivore Diet Part Deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Sam's, Monday. They had GROUND RIB EYE, in preformed hamburger patties. 8 per pkg, approx 1/2# each, $3.88 #.

They are so tasty. Our "normal" hamburger is ground brisket, untrimmed.

Local grocery has WHOLE Sirloins $3.99 #. Average 16#

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the pitch on Carnivore vs a keto diet that allows low or no carb veg like spinach, green beans etc?

Is anyone on the carnivore dealing with muscle cramps? That was something I fought a little on keto. Had to stay pretty consistent with my ketorade.

Yep. I get BRUTAL leg cramps. LMNT electrolytes and Magnesium Glyconate (?? I'll have to double-check) have helped put a stop to them though. Man I would absolutely LEVITATE -- cuz my toes would try to touch my shins. 😶😶😶

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying this diet but are there any guidelines on what meats to eat and when or what to avoid?

I don't know why but chicken upsets my stomach. 🤷 But not turkey. Turkey is fine. 🤔

I have so many food sensitivities that I finally just did what's called the Lion Diet -- beef, butter, salt and water, that was is -- for a couple weeks. Honestly, I felt like a different person. Didn't help with the pain issues I have from my accident or my headaches (But those problems are from anatomical/physiological issues not autoimmune or hormonal issues.) but did with help with the post-menopausal **** and my autoimmune stuff -- like osteoarthritis -- is significantly better.

In fact, I am doing a beef bone broth "fast" right now to see if I can get my throat and stomach inflammation under control. I don't care WHAT the doctor says -- me eating TUMS like they are M&Ms and drinking a big bottle of Pepto-Bismol every single day ISN'T normal. 🙄

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen several mentions of electrolytes.
What's the easiest/best way to get those into your diet if eating carnivore?

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weighed myself this morning and from September 30th when I first started this diet to now on October 21st I am proud to announce I’ve lost 20lbs total!

20lbs lost!!!!
Basically 1 lb a day is still quite a bit of weight to drop. You would have to be burning about 3500 calories over what you are consuming already. I would think there is some muscle and water loss too. How heavy were you when you started? I know carbs are the worst for me.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen several mentions of electrolytes.
What's the easiest/best way to get those into your diet if eating carnivore?
I like Gatorade zero and some people like the LMNT packets, but I've never tried them. Also salt substitute and pink Himalayan sea salt works. Just keep track of blood pressure if hypertensive or on medication for BP.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Basically 1 lb a day is still quite a bit of weight to drop. You would have to be burning about 3500 calories over what you are consuming already. I would think there is some muscle and water loss too. How heavy were you when you started? I know carbs are the worst for me.

A lot is water weight and one of those weeks I only lost 1lb. I have started fasting for 24hrs and have done it 3 times now. I think I will try to fast 24hrs twice a week from now on. Maybe 3 times.

I work a manual labor job so that probably helps me out some with burning calories.

I am 6’ tall and I was 295lbs when I started this. I will say that I held my weight well because everyone I’ve spoke to could not believe I was almost 300lbs. I myself could not believe it either because I didn’t feel like I was that heavy and I never weighed myself in probably 2 years and never looked at the scale when I had to go to the doctor. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom