Carnivore Diet Part Deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I'm not doing carnivore, but low carb/ minor keto, I just got blood work done so figured I'd chime in. I've lost 25-30 lbs depending how well the coffee works in the AM. My total cholesterol, hdl, and ldl rose a little bit, but my vldl, triglycerides, and a1c dropped. My total cholesterol/hdl ratio was 4.5 which according to chart average risk is 4.4-5.0. Didn't test for inflammation this time, but according to my knees, the numbers should be a lot lower than when on the traditional American diet.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking into a carnivore diet but not made the jump yet, everything sounds so counter intuitive to what I've been told over the past several decades. Regardless, I found several folks on YT, most already mentioned in this thread, but also this woman, Steak and Butter Gal. She was a vegan for a lot of years and then just switched over to carnivore with no easing into it. She posted a video on her bloodwork, along with a couple other folks. While their lipid numbers seem a bit astronomical, nobody appears concerned as ratios and other indicators of issues seem to be more important.

Steak and Butter Gal

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking into a carnivore diet but not made the jump yet, everything sounds so counter intuitive to what I've been told over the past several decades. Regardless, I found several folks on YT, most already mentioned in this thread, but also this woman, Steak and Butter Gal. She was a vegan for a lot of years and then just switched over to carnivore with no easing into it. She posted a video on her bloodwork, along with a couple other folks. While their lipid numbers seem a bit astronomical, nobody appears concerned as ratios and other indicators of issues seem to be more important.

Steak and Butter Gal

You might keep in mind that it was some senators from states that rely on grain (wheat, IIRC) production for a lot of their economic success were the ones who came up with and promoted the Food Pyramid back in the 60s. I'll see if I can find the link and post it this evening. My head is pounding and I'm not feeling like digging around right now.

Honestly, I'm not sure what is up with lipid numbers. My diet has done a complete 180 and if anything mine are a tiny bit better than what they were. And they weren't bad to start with. It's weird ... 🤷

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Steak and Butter Gal

Edit: should be similar on carnivore

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I haven’t stuck with it very well. I don’t like turning down meals from family, especially the older ones.

I have the same issue.. except it’s the bosses buying lunch during the work day or a vendor doing customer appreciation BBQ lunch and cookies were involved. Have a hard time turning that down. Lol

I didn’t lose any weight this week. Stayed right at 270 so at least I didn’t gain any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom