Carnivore Diet Part Deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot is water weight and one of those weeks I only lost 1lb. I have started fasting for 24hrs and have done it 3 times now. I think I will try to fast 24hrs twice a week from now on. Maybe 3 times.

I work a manual labor job so that probably helps me out some with burning calories.
The fasting is easy on this diet but i wonder what it’s long term effect on metabolism might be.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Gatorade zero and some people like the LMNT packets, but I've never tried them. Also salt substitute and pink Himalayan sea salt works. Just keep track of blood pressure if hypertensive or on medication for BP.
No BP issues

LMNT Packets and Powerade ZERO are probably the tastiest ways to get it. Powerade ZERO offers more than Gatorade ZERO.

I've got some regular Powerade and BodyArmor that I picked up a while back for the electrolytes, both have added sugar.
Wasn't sure if those types of drinks would suffice, I'd assume the no sugar route would be prefererred.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I eat 90% meat and fats. I occasionally have some bread in low amounts. I make ice cream with a ton of cream, butter, and eggs with 1 cup of honey to add to my fat intake and because Im not large or have any health issues, it helps me not be sugar addicted. You will find out what you need and dont need when you really increase your physical activity, 5-7 miles runs, hiking with weight for many miles, lifting weights, swimming, or if you do a ton of manual labor, then you will really find out how your body is responding to all the things. I did lose a lot of water and swelling when I switched over. Now im pretty lean but man I appreciate sleeping so well, being able to move without pain, and not having gut issues

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Gatorade zero and some people like the LMNT packets, but I've never tried them. Also salt substitute and pink Himalayan sea salt works. Just keep track of blood pressure if hypertensive or on medication for BP.

Here's another vote for LNMT packets. Those things are addictive in their own right.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fasting is easy on this diet but i wonder what it’s long term effect on metabolism might be.

Well I dunno if it works the same for guys as it does for post-menopausal women who are floating back and forth between being full-on batshit crazy menopausal and "thank you Baby Jesus THAT **** is over" post-menopausal but for me it has changed my set point apparently. It has also DRASTICALLY changed my appetite. I don't eat near as much before I am satisfied. I also do not crave sweets like I used to. I have also noticed that when I am eating strict Lion Diet -- or strict Carnivore but without bacon and ham (I'm guessing it's the nitrates) I don't have to take quite as much pain meds for my back. Still hurts but it's less of the sharp stabbing pain and more of the dull ache, which for some odd reason is a bit more tolerable to me. 🤷 I wish it would work on my headaches but, alas ... 🤷

For any of you guys with migraines I have stumbled on taking 900-1200mg of Magnesium Glycinate when I feel one coming on. It helps some. But then I don't think anything but opioids (or MMJ) will help dull the pain from physical damage. Carnivore and the magnesium help with pain that hormonal based. So ... Basically the cluster, tension and migraine headaches from physical causes are still there. Still ... I'll take what I can get ... And if something that helps me helps one of y'all then I'll call that a win. 😁

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BodyArmor that I picked up a while back for the electrolytes
I like body armor because it’s a natural ingredient product. Using sugar free/ sweetener substitutes may assist in weight loss in the short run but I don’t think they’ll do your body any favors over time. I also see a MUCH bigger difference in how I feel with it compared to other options on the market. Their Edge product also has caffeine, so I spend the extra for it. My wife and I both get very limited sleep and she also noted how much it helps her feel. We both often feel hungover and have migraines from lack of sleep alone, and it seems to cure that.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like body armor because it’s a natural ingredient product. Using sugar free/ sweetener substitutes may assist in weight loss in the short run but I don’t think they’ll do your body any favors over time. I also see a MUCH bigger difference in how I feel with it compared to other options on the market. Their Edge product also has caffeine, so I spend the extra for it. My wife and I both get very limited sleep and she also noted how much it helps her feel. We both often feel hungover and have migraines from lack of sleep alone, and it seems to cure that.

Really??!!? Because as I've gotten older I've definitely noticed that at least some of my migraines are triggered by not enough sleep. And those are particularly brutal. I'll have to give that a try...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sort of on this regimen, I have 300 lbs. of beef, deer and some antelope, in the freezer and its common I'll just pull a steak out and toss it in a cast iron skillet with butter and minced garlic and that's dinner. I still like my breakfast of eggs, bacon and hashbrowns though lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom