Carnivore Diet Part Deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
PHG (except he’d obviously have his tactical purse on, he stays hard so he don’t have to get hard).
View attachment 417546
View attachment 417547

I stay hard because I keep this AOC pic as my iPhone screensaver: @HillsideDesolate

Or we talking about a different kind of hard? 🤣

IMG_1880.png

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started carnivore a week ago. Been shocked at how much my appetite has gone away. I ended up inadvertently fasting for 24 hours (other than coffee) and had to finally just force myself to eat. I’m definitely not fulfilled by meals like before but i do seem to feel better physically.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit sugar and 95% of all carbs in 2018. I eat meat, fat (omega-3's), and green veggies (veggies are carbs I know, but I like them).. I have lost over 125lbs... Now my biggest problem is to much energy, I never sleep, my labs are better then my doctor who is a carb loading on road bicyclist that is 20yrs younger than me... He is always waiting for me to return bad lab results but consistently mine are better than an average 20 something, and him as well.. I am turning 52 in Feb.. I was pre-diabetic, fatty liver syndrome, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and just fat... No meds now... and pretty healthy overall...

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit sugar and 95% of all carbs in 2018. I eat meat, fat (omega-3's), and green veggies (veggies are carbs I know, but I like them).. I have lost over 125lbs... Now my biggest problem is to much energy, I never sleep, my labs are better then my doctor who is a carb loading on road bicyclist that is 20yrs younger than me... He is always waiting for me to return bad lab results but consistently mine are better than an average 20 something, and him as well.. I am turning 52 in Feb.. I was pre-diabetic, fatty liver syndrome, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and just fat... No meds now... and pretty healthy overall...
great job !

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the pitch on Carnivore vs a keto diet that allows low or no carb veg like spinach, green beans etc?

Is anyone on the carnivore dealing with muscle cramps? That was something I fought a little on keto. Had to stay pretty consistent with my ketorade.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
What's the pitch on Carnivore vs a keto diet that allows low or no carb veg like spinach, green beans etc?

Is anyone on the carnivore dealing with muscle cramps? That was something I fought a little on keto. Had to stay pretty consistent with my ketorade.

No cramps but I do drink electrolytes. LMNT packets are good. Powerade Zero is probably better. Veggies are carbs you don’t need. That’s the reason carnivore works better than Keto. Just meat will keep you in ketosis.

I'm thinking about trying this diet but are there any guidelines on what meats to eat and when or what to avoid?

Most people are strict beef. Some people sub in some lamb, elk, venison. Stuff like that.

I think most people, me included, avoid chicken because it’s not fatty enough. You end up starving yourself. If money allows it a rib-eye steak is probably the best thing to eat.

Pork has to many Omega 5’s or 6’s I think. Don’t remember. Strict carnivores avoid pork because of what they’re fed in the farms. If you found a local farmer and bought pork from them then it’s probably better than stuff you buy at store.

Me personally I just eat beef, lamb, and I will eat pork every now and then just because I like to make ribs and pulled pork on my smoker. I also eat a lot of eggs. Oh and there’s been several times that all I’ve ate was bacon for a meal. Make sure it has no sugar. I like to fry bacon on my blackstone and then cook my meat and eggs in the grease.

I use Kerrygold Irish Butter to cook in if I’m not cooking bacon.

If I need something to eat at a gas station I found that Hutch’s has a beef jerky called “Hard Times” (comes with a toothpick in the pack) and it’s the only store bought jerky I’ve found so far that has no sugar. Lots of beef jerky’s have sugar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom