Carrying at Christmas dinner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the perfect occasion to be an adult and not stir the pot.

Or you can go full blown with it, and rub it in their faces to guarantee there will never be a chance for them to change their views on guns.
I disagree. They will never change their views on guns no matter what, so IMHO its best to make them totally uncomfortable and see what responsible gun ownership is all about. Nobody gets killed, no blood in the streets, just an inanimate object on ones hip or a lump under the jacket.
I'm tired of having to hide in the closet because someone doesn't like my gun. I grew up in a family that hated guns and were liberals. The apple rolled downhill away from the tree in this case and I don't care if they don't like it or not.
Its their choice. They have the option to leave or stay. Why should consideration for their concerns overrule my rights?
No, I'm not a 2A auditor, nor will I ever be.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you go? If you and your wife are cool then stay away from her families function
Why? My ex and I have been divorced for 33 years. My parents and her parents were best friends even after the divorce. My wife now is totally fine with me associating with my ex's parents, brother, etc. They treated me like a son helping us through thick and thin and I'm not going to relinquish that relationship I had with them for 15 years. We had that discussion early on to get things right before we got married. My ex and current even get along on the rare times that we meet.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? My ex and I have been divorced for 33 years. My parents and her parents were best friends even after the divorce. My wife now is totally fine with me associating with my ex's parents, brother, etc. They treated me like a son helping us through thick and thin and I'm not going to relinquish that relationship I had with them for 15 years. We had that discussion early on to get things right before we got married. My ex and current even get along on the rare times that we meet.
So you're going to Christmas dinner at their place?
:D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you're going to Christmas dinner at their place?
:D

Unfortunately they have all passed on now. But in the past they have been at my house for Christmas and We have been at theirs. It's been a very amicable relationship over the years. I would have hated to have it deteriorate like a lot I hear about.
I got some good advice from a co-worker once when I was young. He was a lady's man and had been married several times by his early 30's. He was still friends with his ex's and the ex's didn't have bad feelings about the other wifes.
His philosophy was that during their time together they enjoyed each others company although later on they had different paths they led, so enjoy the good times and forget the bad times.
My ex and I separated right before Christmas and she tried to give me a present, but wouldn't accept it.
Later on, felt bad for not accepting the olive branch as we had children that would tie us together for the rest of our lives. It was good after that.

Last edited:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go Full 2A auditor, Timmay Harper at Twin Peaks style. I am talking AR strapped to your chest and pistola to your hip. Make sure to have a generic go pro on your head to get all the interactions.

In all seriousness, sounds like SIL is giving you an olive branch. I would CC and not even mention it. Or even better if you get 1.5 or 2x pay or better for working. I would be at the job. Then you get paid and probably have an easy day with no B.S.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go Full 2A auditor, Timmay Harper at Twin Peaks style. I am talking AR strapped to your chest and pistola to your hip. Make sure to have a generic go pro on your head to get all the interactions.

In all seriousness, sounds like SIL is giving you an olive branch. I would CC and not even mention it. Or even better if you get 1.5 or 2x pay or better for working. I would be at the job. Then you get paid and probably have an easy day with no B.S.
Get there first and bring a bunch of them. Set them next to the doors as if everyone brought heat. Take lotsa pics for the forum too.

Lay them all on the bed with the coats if the doors won't work.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to work and let the guy spend Christmas with his kids. It never is a cake walk on a holiday but saving lives never is. Had a conversation with the ex last night and she has so much anger it's crazy because she decided to give it all up. So I'm good doing the right thing. My co worker even said he'd get me a box of ammo so a win win

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom