Stranded at Kendall's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When they were originally in Noble, they had the best chicken fried steak around. The owner had a falling out with the city and moved it to Norman, over on north Flood; I ate there once or twice, but it wasn't the same. Then they briefly moved to Purcell, but they were back in the original Noble location before I had a chance to try them again. When I did, they were back to the original quality.

If you like chicken fried steak (and what true Okie doesn't?), you'll like Kendall's. As for the rest of the menu, I couldn't tell ya, though I'm told it's pretty good.
It's in the water. Different location different taste.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can vouch for that! Lol But I do find it concerning that no one thinks it's necessary to do a welfare check. Damn.

The wrecker showed up around 8:45pm and he was gone within 10 minutes. By the time our ride got there (an hour and a half - almost 2 hours later) the seven of us sat in front of Kendall's on the sidewalk (they closed at 8pm) and I counted a Noble PD cruiser (probably the same one) go by twice, two Cleveland County scout cars went by twice as well, and three OHP cars went by one time, along with an ambulance and a red SUV that had "Noble FD" on the side.

Not a single patrol car stopped to see who we were and what we were up to. It was myself, Mrs. GED, our two daughters, my son in law (who is 6'4" and weighs in around 375) my 9 year old grandson and my 3 year old grandson, all of us acting like a bunch of drunken idiots or something, just being silly, trying to make the best of a bad situation. Both sides of main street were completely empty of cars and every single business was closed. But I coulda swore we were sitting on the side of I-40 with all the damned traffic whizzing by.

Bad police work, in my books. I've done this silly job for over 30 years. I woulda stopped and seen what was going on, but I suppose that's just me, or possibly a generation thing, I dunno. It just struck me as odd.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow ... That is disappointing, to say the least. What a world ...

And you've been a Grandpa for THAT long now?!?! Damn ... I'm getting old ...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE=""But what worries me is the Noble police.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry about the Noble Police Prize, Trump has that sown up. What was wrong with your vehicle?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A fuse blew in the turn signal, which caused the ignition switch to go out. :uhwhat:

Anyways...they had to order the part and it will be here (hopefully) tomorrow. I had an extended warranty which saved me $460! :faint: But I still gotta pay a $100 deductible. :grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom