Casa Bonita

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to live in SW OKC a few blocks behind the TG&Y on 240 and Penn. LOVED Crystals pizza and the movie room in the back. Shakey's on S Western had the best pizza and roasted potatoes on their buffet.

Pancho's, El Fenix, Casa Bonita or one of those old Mexican places would have those mini rolls of lifesavers at the register. Only had like 4.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is still a Ponchos in Mesquite, TX. It's just like you remember. Love the sopaipillas, I think we got 4 baskets first time we ate there.

Went to both Casa Bonita and Crystal's in Tulsa a bunch growing up.

Anybody remember Starbase 21 next to Casa Bonita in Tulsa?
there are 3 ponchos in the greater dallas area now
found this video on the tube

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought ponchos closed down in Tulsa, I knew they did on Admiral. Looked it up seems they moved by TU just down from Skelly stadium. Next time I go to a game may have to check them out, it’s been decades.

Attachments

• 303FCACB-B4FA-47EB-AA78-4FB0767AF9A6.png
    303FCACB-B4FA-47EB-AA78-4FB0767AF9A6.png
    504.8 KB · Views: 6

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are 3 ponchos in the greater dallas area now
found this video on the tube

Sorry but you can't trust a guy that puts honey on a plate then dips the sopapilla in it. I thought you're supposed to bite a hole in the top, pour in honey until Mom says "I think that's enough" then somehow figure out how to eat without getting hands all sticky!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spring cleaning, found this in a file cabinet. Adjusted for inflation translates to around $12. I can’t eat like that anymore, but back in the day I raised that flag a bunch. View attachment 268261

That is awesome! I would have my pre-teen birthdays there. At age 12 I ate 12 tacos. LOL Only to lose the contest to my older brother who ate 13. I think that was one of the last visits we made to Casa Bonita.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but you can't trust a guy that puts honey on a plate then dips the sopapilla in it. I thought you're supposed to bite a hole in the top, pour in honey until Mom says "I think that's enough" then somehow figure out how to eat without getting hands all sticky!
My older brother got busted trying to sneak a sopapilla out of the Tulsa Casa. He was so full he didn't have room for it, so he wrapped it up in a napkin and put it in his pocket.

Obviously, that was a major offense, because we got stopped at the door, and he had to surrender said stolen sopapilla.

My mother pleaded her son's case, but alas, it fell upon deaf ears. We weren't completely banished nor exiled from Casa Bonita, but we were sternly told to exit the establishment. It was a LONG time before we returned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom