Cheap hobby suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I got this Job at Dell I'm starting to really dislike computers more and more. I used to love toying around with them, but now I hardly ever touch my computer at home unless checking my email or something.
Anyway, I'm looking for a new hobby. I'm thinking about reading through my criminal justice books from front to back simply because that stuff interests the heck out of me and it'll help in my classes, but I also need something else.

So lets hear it. What are some good cheap hobby suggestions? I'm really up for anything at this point so no reason to ask what I like. If I knew, I wouldn't be asking :laughup:

Thanks ahead of time :D

Are you majoring in Criminal Justice Administration? I only asked because I just finished my Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice Admininstration in april. But i'm here to tell you what THEY don't tell you is how hard it is to find a job in the field! The state does'nt want to hire, if they do you are on a looooooong list of qualified applicants with the same problem. You can't get anything "administration" type of job because you have to have a masters degree. REALLY SUCKS!!!!!! Anyways, not trying to bring you down if that's what your going for. I just wish people would have told me how it would be when I finished.

Baron Driver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you majoring in Criminal Justice Administration? I only asked because I just finished my Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice Admininstration in april. But i'm here to tell you what THEY don't tell you is how hard it is to find a job in the field! The state does'nt want to hire, if they do you are on a looooooong list of qualified applicants with the same problem. You can't get anything "administration" type of job because you have to have a masters degree. REALLY SUCKS!!!!!! Anyways, not trying to bring you down if that's what your going for. I just wish people would have told me how it would be when I finished.

There's always law school.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes you are correct. I'll be done with my BA next July then on to my masters. And I'm seriously thinking about law school one of these days too. I knew it was hard but not that hard. Guess I'll have to make due :)

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's always law school.

LOL, no thanks. That would take me some real time to finish. I am thinking of going a different direction anyways. I have been toying with the idea of getting a masters in education. I have worked for two different school systems and they were the best jobs I ever worked! DARN BUDGET CUTS!

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you are correct. I'll be done with my BA next July then on to my masters. And I'm seriously thinking about law school one of these days too. I knew it was hard but not that hard. Guess I'll have to make due :)

not trying to bring you down, it's still good to have an education regardless of what it's in. I just wish I had went with my first instict when returning to school and got my degree in education! FYI, if you get the chance take a job in the field. It will help substantially because employers in this field really want experience to go with it. I worked for Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office as a Detention Officer in 08. WORST experience I ever had, BUT I learned SO MUCH ABOUT PEOPLE and how they act, personalities, ect. I wish you luck and keep up the hard work!

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I like to do that is pretty cheap is, I buy rifle stocks, usually from mausers, but some others from time to time, and I do a little wood working to them, I like to engrave, or burn landscapes into them, or animals, such as, elk, whitetail, bears, wolfs etc. it is really fun, once you start doing it, you will get good, and turn some rifles into art, and if you get really good you can make some money at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom