China is not so happy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one sentence that stuck out to me.

One-third of global seaborne trade passes through the region.

What are they going to do? Cut their own throats?

Also, their "aircraft carrier" is a retrofitted soviet relic. I'm not saying we don't watch them or write them off but let's keep some perspective.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one sentence that stuck out to me.

One-third of global seaborne trade passes through the region.

What are they going to do? Cut their own throats?

Also, their "aircraft carrier" is a retrofitted soviet relic. I'm not saying we don't watch them or write them off but let's keep some perspective.

Oh you weren't kidding about the carrier. I just looked that up.

Maybe they can launch some rust off of the flight deck.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can laugh, but Iran just snagged onto one of our most advanced drones sniffing around their airspace. Iran. The technological marvel that is Iran.

Guess who'll probably have that drone, and it's technology within a month? Guess who is the ace nation at reverse engineering? It's the ones with the rusty carrier.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who cares how many Super Carriers the US has.
Navy's are quickly becoming obsolete unless they develop intense defenses against the new breed of missles.

http://gizmodo.com/5199587/new-chinese-missile-can-destroy-us-supercarrier-in-one-go

New Chinese Missile Can Destroy US Supercarrier in One Go

Hooray for the Chinese, for they have developed a super cool new anti-ship ballistic missile with low radar signature and unpredictable flight path which can destroy US Navy Supercarriers on one go! Oh, wait.

According to the latest intelligence report, the new missile—a modified Dong Feng 21—can strick carriers or any other warship within a 2,000 kilometer range from its launching point. The new super-weapon carries a warhead powerful enough to sink a supercarrier in a single strike, travelling at mach 10 (ten times the speed of sound), which enables it to reach the maximum range target in less than 12 minutes.

Even worse: its combination of a complex guidance system and high maneuverability makes it almost impossible to intercept. Let's hope that the US Navy admirals are good at playing Battleships. [Defense Tech]

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares how many Super Carriers the US has.
Navy's are quickly becoming obsolete unless they develop intense defenses against the new breed of missles.

http://gizmodo.com/5199587/new-chinese-missile-can-destroy-us-supercarrier-in-one-go

New Chinese Missile Can Destroy US Supercarrier in One Go

Hooray for the Chinese, for they have developed a super cool new anti-ship ballistic missile with low radar signature and unpredictable flight path which can destroy US Navy Supercarriers on one go! Oh, wait.

According to the latest intelligence report, the new missile-a modified Dong Feng 21-can strick carriers or any other warship within a 2,000 kilometer range from its launching point. The new super-weapon carries a warhead powerful enough to sink a supercarrier in a single strike, travelling at mach 10 (ten times the speed of sound), which enables it to reach the maximum range target in less than 12 minutes.

Even worse: its combination of a complex guidance system and high maneuverability makes it almost impossible to intercept. Let's hope that the US Navy admirals are good at playing Battleships. [Defense Tech]

That's not the one to worry about. Trust me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-N-22

Latest posts

Top Bottom