Cigar infusion success!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tonight I tried the results of my first ever whiskey infused cigar. Here's how I did it:

1. Bought 10 Man O' War Virtues (mild Connecticut shade wrapper cigars) from cigarbid.com
2. Set aside 2 of said cigars for infusion experiment
3. Placed the selected cigars inside a quart sized ziplock bag
4. Left the quart sized bag open and placed it into a larger gallon sized ziplock bag
5. Placed a Jack Daniels soaked paper towel into the larger bag (outside of the smaller bag so the cigars don't touch the paper towel) and sealed the larger bag
6. Left the larger bag sealed for a week before opening

The first sample cigar was good. It had the nice, slow and even burn of a well humidified cigar and there were definite traces of the Jack Daniels throughout most of the smoke. My suspicion is that if the cigars had been allowed to sit for longer (2-3 weeks) the whiskey flavor would definitely be more pronounced. I can't wait to get home so I can repeat my experiment with a proper whiskey (Woodford Reserve or Eagle Rare) but until then I'll have to make do with what's available. What can I say? War is hell (sarcasm font needed).

Last edited:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may give this a shot. When we were moving, my wife put my cigars in a storage unit instead of leaving them in the house to move along with the furniture....I now have to attempt to revive every cigar including some that found their way home with me while on a cruise to destinations that provide "good" cigars. :pissed:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very Cool!!

When you get stateside, contact some of the bigger cigar retailers...J.R. and others...you know, the ones that advertise in magazines..bundle specials.

Get their house brand/blend, or ones you like. I know they have some (not brand names) that you can...through them...have labels personalized. So, when you do this, you can give your buddies cigars that you blended AND with your own label on the cigars. Give them away, I'm not sure about the copyright laws of selling a factory cigar along with the tobacco tax. You don't want to anger the BATFE!!!

Cohiba

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats pretty coll. Ever tried Drew estate's acid line of cigars?? They are infused with various oils and whatnot.

I have tried them in the past, and they are decent smokes for the money. To be perfectly honest though, if I'm smoking an infused cigar I prefer it to be infused with some sort of booze. Maker's Mark and Gurkha make killer infused cigars.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may give this a shot. When we were moving, my wife put my cigars in a storage unit instead of leaving them in the house to move along with the furniture....I now have to attempt to revive every cigar including some that found their way home with me while on a cruise to destinations that provide "good" cigars. :pissed:

Bummer. The up side is that cigars are pretty robust if you're patient enough to let them sit for a while before smoking. Enjoy the "good" cigars once you've breathed some life back into them.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very Cool!!

When you get stateside, contact some of the bigger cigar retailers...J.R. and others...you know, the ones that advertise in magazines..bundle specials.

Get their house brand/blend, or ones you like. I know they have some (not brand names) that you can...through them...have labels personalized. So, when you do this, you can give your buddies cigars that you blended AND with your own label on the cigars. Give them away, I'm not sure about the copyright laws of selling a factory cigar along with the tobacco tax. You don't want to anger the BATFE!!!

Cohiba

Dude that's a cool idea that I'm going to have to look into when I get back. Personalized cigars would make a great gift for a buddy that's about to get married or become a father. Heck, they'd make pretty decent birthday gifts too. Some Woodford infused Dunhill smokes would be a killer gift for just about any dude who likes cigars and whiskey. You're absolutely right about the government agency that should be a convenience store though. No one wants to be on their bad side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom