Coffee - A new discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had all kinds of "machines".

Coffee Press
Aeropress
Stovetop Espresso
Glass Pour over....with measured amount and controlled temp. water
Keurig
Coffee maker that fresh grinds before it starts to brew
Drip coffee maker
Percolator...stove top and electric
Enamel stove top for "cowboy" coffee....put coffee in bottom fill almost to top and boil. Put about 1/2 cup cold water in it to make the grinds go to bottom.

I've had books that explained the bean types, roast, grind, amount(by weighing on a small electric scale) and how much water and how hot to the ratio of coffee and how long to let it set before serving.

Bottom line: I now just use a Mr. Coffee 12 cup BUT now I have a very distinct preference to the brand.

I like various and numerous types from Louisiana(Community) & New Orleans(Cafe Du Mond) to Chock Full O Nuts to New Mexico Pinion Coffee to Mexican/Veracruz to Guatemalan to...............

I don't use a grinder anymore and I buy bags already ground. NO SUGAR!!! Once in a while a tablespoon of creme or milk to knock off the acidic taste after 7-8 cups, and maybe an ice cube to knock off the heat to save my tongue or the roof of my mouth.

I always come back to.....don't hate me...don't kick me square in the n*ts....Starbucks

And I do like McDonald's and Folgers 1850 brand....That's it for me.

And one of my favorite places to drink coffee....at the bottom of the page.

Komodo Dragon/Indonesia
s-l400.jpg

Sumatra
91G8jlPXniL._SY606_.jpg

Medium:
Breakfast Blend
starbucks%20coffee%20breakfast%20blend%20mild%20(ground).jpg

McDonalds

81Zf779FJ-L._SY606_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SX283SY606SH20_.jpg

Folgers:

A1oOqyyWcbL._SX679_.jpg

Everyone knows how much I love Vegas and what's going on there as I type this..CV-19. But one of my favorite places to sip a warm cup of Starbucks is in front of the Golden Nugget EARLY in the morning. NO ONE there except me and the pigeons that I feed.
starbucks_golden_nugget.jpg
I was hoping you'd show up. I intended to tag you in the original post. I may have walked by while you were having coffee at the Nuggett, but I would be leaving after a night at a tournament. My WSOP trip may be canceled this year but i usually play a couple events at the Nuggett. Every break i go out to Freemont for the cheap entertainment. Next time I'll have to try the coffee but while in Vegas I mostly meet up with a friend from NY and we sample all the IPAs we can find.
I've derailed my own thread.

I'm with Cohiba on the Starbucks although I no longer buy it. And the McCafe is one of the best bargains for coffee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom