Coffee makers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I am thinking of buying a new coffee maker, now i'm not a big coffee drinker, but I do enjoy a cup now and then. I have one of the Senseo makers that used the lil pods, but the dang coffee is so expensive, and there is no selection of coffee here locally, I'd have to order them online.

I've been looking at some of the Keurig makers, the ones that take the lil cups or pods....any of you coffee drinkers use one of those? The variety of coffee looks pretty good with those makers and I see them everywhere! Opinions, suggestions? I want something that will make a mug quickly on those cold winter mornings before work.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and our neighbor both have the Keurig. They both love it. She liked it so much she bought one for my parents who also love it. It makes the coffee fast and is great for variety. Not sure what else to say, but everyone I know that has one wouldn't go back to what they had...

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a fancy one that had cups and junk with it. I got rid of it and bought the cheapest one from walmart. It works just fine and does the same thing as the other. I'd just go with something cheap.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a fancy one that had cups and junk with it.
I got rid of it and bought the cheapest one from walmart.
It works just fine and does the same thing as the other.
I'd just go with something cheap.

That's where I'm at. I was raised on the kind of coffee that still had grinds in the bottom of your cup when you were finished with the drinking part.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a hundred dollar coffee maker that left a weird aftertaste on the coffee. Bought a $24 Mr. Coffee and haven't looked back since.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kind I want depends on how I make it. If I want heavy, oily coffee, I'll use a Moka Pot on the stovetop. If I want really flavorful without bitterness, I'll use the Aeropress. If I want a lot of plain coffee, I'll use a Bodum brand French press. If I want espresso, I use my crappy espresso machine (saving for a new pump model). And if I don't feel like putting forth any effort, I throw it in the Krups drip machine and listen to its death-gurgle, or just make some Irish breakfast tea.

I've never liked the flavor that the pod machines extract. They're handy for making hot chocolate though.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Keurig for single cups. Ends up about 40 cents a cup if you get the K-Cups at Sam's or find them at other places on sale. It is a bit higher (60 cents a cup or so) if just buying them for regular prices at JC Penney, Kohls, etc.

They do have a good selection online too.

I use my Keurig nearly every day. If company is here, I break out the Folgers and my 15 dollar Black and Decker :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom