Coffee makers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 4-cup Mr. Coffee that just seem to keep on ticking. All I want is plain old Folger Classic coffee in the morning and evening. While the four cups brews in about 5 or 6 minutes, it won't be REALLY hot unless it sits on the burner for about an hour.

And, like some of the others, I don't want fluff. Just give me stuff.

:coffee2:

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're ever in Tulsa, you should stop buy the DoubleShot Cafe. The owner Brian makes some of the best coffee you'll ever taste. He roasts the next day's batch every night. He's a cocky fellow, but with coffee that good I suppose he can be.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard your coffee is the cats meow....and that I shoulda tried it...

maybe next time

and on topic I prefer a regular old fashioned pot to brew my coffee don't need nothin fancy it's coffee for cryin out loud

:hey3: That was "special" coffee ... :rollingla Definitely made to be sipped ... slowly ... :coffee2:

;)

I have never been a coffee snob ... However, black is the best and the stronger the better ... my grandma would make coffee that would burn holes in the table if you spilled it.

It was a right of passage to get a cup of coffee at na-naw's house with your waffles ... soon as you were big enough to help with the pig slaughter you were big enough to drink her coffee ... I was 5. I was so happy ... I nearly choked to death on that first drink! LOL :rollingla

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kind I want depends on how I make it. If I want heavy, oily coffee, I'll use a Moka Pot on the stovetop. If I want really flavorful without bitterness, I'll use the Aeropress. If I want a lot of plain coffee, I'll use a Bodum brand French press. If I want espresso, I use my crappy espresso machine (saving for a new pump model). And if I don't feel like putting forth any effort, I throw it in the Krups drip machine and listen to its death-gurgle, or just make some Irish breakfast tea.

I've never liked the flavor that the pod machines extract. They're handy for making hot chocolate though.

If you're ever in Tulsa, you should stop buy the DoubleShot Cafe. The owner Brian makes some of the best coffee you'll ever taste. He roasts the next day's batch every night. He's a cocky fellow, but with coffee that good I suppose he can be.

mhphoto has spoken nothing but truth here. I, personally, use an Aeropress when brewing something at home. I'm the only one that drinks it so one cup is perfect for me.

Brian/DoubleShot makes some excellent coffee. I'm also a fan of locally-owned Topeca coffee.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and our neighbor both have the Keurig. They both love it. She liked it so much she bought one for my parents who also love it. It makes the coffee fast and is great for variety. Not sure what else to say, but everyone I know that has one wouldn't go back to what they had...

Yes! Keurigs are the answer to good coffee at the house/office. I used to visit Starbucks alot for a great cup of coffee, but I haven't been back for a cup of black since the day my wife got me a Keurig. The Bold Roasted varieties are just as good as anything from SB's.

The only thing I noticed is that some people that are used to Folgers and such, generally don't make strong coffee. The whole point behind the keurig was to have the right ration of coffee and water and for some it can be too strong. My in-laws don't care for it.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Brian is also the Soup Nazi of coffee.

Coffee House on Cherry Street isn't bad either; they've gotten a lot better since they quit using Topeca.

I got one of these for Christmas a few years back. I haven't used it in a while but I like it. Just make sure you grind the beans course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom