Coffee makers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just use a plain drip style coffee maker with one of those screen basket filters in it. I do however draw the line at Folgers, Maxwell House, etc. I don't know what that stuff is, but it's not coffee.

I grind my own beans right before I make it. Plain beans that is, not the flavored moca, fruity, flavored chit.

Colombian, now that's some coffee right there and there isn't anything better in life than the smell of fresh ground coffee in the morning.

The beans I'm buying right now are the cheaper ones from the bulk fill stations at wallyworld supercenters. The more expensive Millstone is what my wife bought last time, but the cheaper kind is actually better. I would buy Starbucks because they are some of the best beans out there, but they totally ruin them by roasting them until they are burnt! Don't know how they got so big, because I haven't seen one of theirs yet that wasn't bitter and burnt tasting.

One of these days I'll roast my own and buy from here:
http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.php

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:hey3: That was "special" coffee ... :rollingla Definitely made to be sipped ... slowly ... :coffee2:

;)

I have never been a coffee snob ... However, black is the best and the stronger the better ... my grandma would make coffee that would burn holes in the table if you spilled it.

It was a right of passage to get a cup of coffee at na-naw's house with your waffles ... soon as you were big enough to help with the pig slaughter you were big enough to drink her coffee ... I was 5. I was so happy ... I nearly choked to death on that first drink! LOL :rollingla

I'm truly not much of a black coffee person - now I don't think either individual exactly sipped your coffee...

I don't remember my first cup of coffee but know it was with my momma I still have a cup time to time and can't remember not drinking coffee

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with BB here, black, and the stronger the better. I made some at a job I had, and my boss said something along the lines of "tree bark"

I thought it was good??

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At home - grind your own at the very least. French Press if you can
Single serve machines : I've owned all three. The senseo was okay. The Tassimo was pretty good, but just not a lot of choices of coffee. The Keurig is what I have now and its my favorite (for single serve). A lot of coffee choices and easy

Latest posts

Top Bottom