Coffee makers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not too terribly long after we met (I think it was before we even got married!) z06man got me an AWESOME Breville espresso machine. Still going strong, but it sure oughta for what those things go for, even at a daily deal discount!

I grind up my own coffee that my parents send me from Cutter's Point, Bertolino's, or Sunny Day - my 3 favorite hole-in-the-wall / small chain coffee stands. I'm not spoiled. I think they probably all have websites - you can likely call them up and pay for a flat rate shipping box and order coffee over the phone. :D

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a great cup of coffee is freshly grinding your beans just before brewing.

best beans are green, freshly roasted then allowed to sit for 1/2 day. next best is whole beans already roasted. Sams wholesale consistently has best beans for the $$.

smoothest/best coffee comes from a vacuum brewer. technology is from 1800's and still the best. one shot espresso are very good, but vacuum coffee is the smoothest.

a good grinder is your most important piece of gear for coffee making

here's my turn of the century Enterprise coffee grinder
ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_grinder.JPG

DrJeff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, Keurig is the best way to go for a great cup of coffee. You can order the K-Cups that contain coffee from www.greenmountaincoffee.com
The selection of coffee is outstanding. It's also nice for the family to have what each person wants (e.g., decaf, flavored, bold coffee). I have owned my machine for well over two years and use it multiple times a day. :coffee2:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the $24 Mr. Coffee from WalMart. I use Cain's coffee and make it pretty strong - after I pour my first cup in the morning I add some more water to steal an extra cup. Yummy!!!

Cedar Creek

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with BB here, black, and the stronger the better. I made some at a job I had, and my boss said something along the lines of "tree bark"

I thought it was good??

LOL ... that same thing happened to GC. The guys were like "OMFG WHAT DID YOU DO??" GC said he looked at them and said "Well, that's the way my wife likes it." Says they haven't asked him to make coffee since ... :popcorn:

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a coffee maker and beans that I bought in Costa Rica. The coffee maker looks like this one...
ai921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_2008_02_06_Chorreador.jpg

and this is the coffee I like...
ai921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_1820_coffee_special.jpg

At home, mom uses a keurig

Latest posts

Top Bottom