Coffee makers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the one we have and we love it. Keeps coffee hot and fresh for a full day after brewing....

aimages.overstock.com_f_102_3117_8h_www.overstock.com_images_products_L10688322.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
LOL ... that same thing happened to GC. The guys were like "OMFG WHAT DID YOU DO??" GC said he looked at them and said "Well, that's the way my wife likes it." Says they haven't asked him to make coffee since ... :popcorn:

My boss made sure to keep up with the coffee after that! :rollingla:rollingla

I have one of the little electric grinders now, but I'd love one like CY has, that's impressive. And yes, newer does not always equal better.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wanted a Keurig for a couple of years, just never got around to picking one up.

Not only for the pods of coffee, but also the tea.

They also sell an empty metal (stainless steel? don't know) pod that you can fill with your own ground coffee or tea.

The "My K cup" is plastic and has a screen for the grounds, and is a pain to use and clean. You are better gutting an old k-cup, cleaning and filling it, and covering tightly in foil. Or if you are bothering to use your own grounds it is better to a french press (cheaper than the "My K cup" anyway). I use the coffee K cups for the convenience.

I do use it for hot water to steep tea bags (i.e. Twinings, Celestial Seasonings), make thera flu, even for bottles when my son was on formula (though that was darn hot and needed some cool water added from the fridge).

It is super handy.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boss made sure to keep up with the coffee after that! :rollingla:rollingla

I made the work coffee exactly one time before a sign appeared that said "IF POT IS EMPTY FIND BETTY OR BEVERLY FOR HELP"

Apparently the 60+ ladies club didn't like my coffee, which unlike theirs was stronger than weak iced tea. I use a full cup of Folgers, Cains, etc... for a 12 cup pot.

:grumble:

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tired of pots that only last a year or so, but too cheap to dump a $100 bill for a plastic Bunn pot. I've looked at restaurant supply places and ebay for a used/ working 2 pot Bunn Stainless commercial model with hot water tap.

Someday......

And what's up with every carafe I've used for the last 30 years that dribbles. I actually bought a commercial carafe with the wide pouring spout years ago, but it wouldn't fit the retail pot I tried to use it in. I've learned to pour over the sink.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Keurig - I do not use it a lot, I am not a BIG coffee drinker, but that makes me love it even more - if I want one cup I can just pop the coffee cup thing in there and bam - one perfect cup of joe...

Latest posts

Top Bottom