Coffee - A new discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm simple. Wife doesn't drink coffee, so I use a four-cup Mr. Coffee with Folgers Classic Roast. The four-cup filled to a bit over 1/4" from the top makes two mugs of coffee for me. That both in the morning and again in the evening.
I usually drink my coffee at work because I go in pretty early. I gave under $9 for a 4 cup maker (Mr. Coffee I think) that worked well for nearly 5 years. 4 more years than the full size version I gave about 3x the $. Rarwly have time to sit and enjoy the coffee so I fill a 20 oz. tumbler and the coffee stays good for about 3 hours. Most days don't get a chance to finish it. The tumbler really helps preserve the flavor though.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My routine is 1 to 2 hours of savoring delicious coffee while catching up on news and thinking about the day. In warm weather, that time is on the back porch watching the sun rise and the critters of the neighborhood stirring around / visiting feeders in my yard. Damn, I love the mornings.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My routine is 1 to 2 hours of savoring delicious coffee while catching up on news and thinking about the day. In warm weather, that time is on the back porch watching the sun rise and the critters of the neighborhood stirring around / visiting feeders in my yard. Damn, I love the mornings.

Sounds to me like you've got it figured out!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been getting mine from freshroastedcoffee.com for some time now. Or something at Sam's but this website is generally just as good on price and far better on taste.

I go back and forth on the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and the Bali Blue Moon being my favorites. I don't care for French roast (burnt azz bean) type coffees but if you do they have several to pick from. I think I've tried them all and keep coming back to these two. With free shipping and their constant 20% off offers it's hard to beat.

With all the free time I may have to break out the Bialetti pot again.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been getting mine from freshroastedcoffee.com for some time now. Or something at Sam's but this website is generally just as good on price and far better on taste.

I go back and forth on the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and the Bali Blue Moon being my favorites. I don't care for French roast (burnt azz bean) type coffees but if you do they have several to pick from. I think I've tried them all and keep coming back to these two. With free shipping and their constant 20% off offers it's hard to beat.

With all the free time I may have to break out the Bialetti pot again.

Another fan here of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. Try Tanzanian Peaberry also.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My choice in brand is 8 O'Clock 100% Colombian whole beans...Mr Coffee with a thermal pot that does a very good job of keeping it hot for 2 or 3 hours. Just grinding the beans sends the smell of coffee all over the house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom