College Grad Not Liking the 40hr Work Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh and an ex postal worker lecturing people on what is and what isn't work ethic, is absolutely hilarious, given the track record and overall culture of a government-lite entity like USPS.
Working hard this morning I see. Such a guy with high integrity and work ethic. If your head wasn't shoved so far up your fat ass you would know that the Oklahoma District was the 1 District in the country when I was in charge of operations. But hey. Easy for a guy with an anonymous name and too cowardly to post a current pic to post crap from a keyboard. Where do you "work" and what do you do? Are you as ashamed of that as you are your name and showing a current pic?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Working hard this morning I see. Such a guy with high integrity and work ethic. If your head wasn't shoved so far up your fat ass you would know that the Oklahoma District was the 1 District in the country when I was in charge of operations. But hey. Easy for a guy with an anonymous name and too cowardly to post a current pic to post crap from a keyboard. Where do you "work" and what do you do? Are you as ashamed of that as you are your name and showing a current pic?

Oh Peggy...... retired Peggy...... trying to talking about work ethic and integrity? Not sure where the integrity thing came from? Either way, I'd go nuts being retired, but that's just me. Given how you whine about money, I'd DEFINITELY have a part time job of some sort, or do something. But I obviously have more drive than that.

It's interesting that you are trying to take credit for accolades as a supervisor. I'd never do that to my team. Again, you're probably a product of a different culture.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh Peggy...... retired Peggy...... trying to talking about work ethic and integrity? Not sure where the integrity thing came from? Either way, I'd go nuts being retired, but that's just me. Given how you whine about money, I'd DEFINITELY have a part time job of some sort, or do something. But I obviously have more drive than that.

It's interesting that you are trying to take credit for accolades as a supervisor. I'd never do that to my team. Again, you're probably a product of a different culture.
The secret team at the secret company where the leader spends his day posting on the internet. 😂

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So making yourself a person to be relied on wasn't a result of work ethic?
Of course it was a result of work ethic.

I learned my work ethic as a teen in the USAF,,,
Where if you didn't do your job you didn't get fired,,,
You got your rank and pay taken away and sometimes went to jail.

My point is that my work ethic wasn't what kept my job secure.

It was the fact that I took on tasks that no one else wanted to mess with,,,
And by doing that I became the only person who could do them.

No one in their right mind would fire the only person,,,
Who could manage/administer the on-line classroom platform during classroom shutdowns.

Becoming indispensable wasn't an accidental thing,,,
It was something I planned from day one of getting that job,,,
And I credit my good sense and forethought in providing for my comfy retirement.

Work ethic is important,,,
But being indispensable is better.

Aarond

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Of course it was a result of work ethic.

I learned my work ethic as a teen in the USAF,,,
Where if you didn't do your job you didn't get fired,,,
You got your rank and pay taken away and sometimes went to jail.

My point is that my work ethic wasn't what kept my job secure.

It was the fact that I took on tasks that no one else wanted to mess with,,,
And by doing that I became the only person who could do them.

No one in their right mind would fire the only person,,,
Who could manage/administer the on-line classroom platform during classroom shutdowns.

Becoming indispensable wasn't an accidental thing,,,
It was something I planned from day one of getting that job,,,
And I credit my good sense and forethought in providing for my comfy retirement.

Work ethic is important,,,
But being indispensable is better.

Aarond

So being the most valuable employee there kept you employed. I think most companies consider employee performance and value to the company when deciding who to keep when they have to downsize. Looks like your work ethic caused you to make good decisions and had a good result.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So being the most valuable employee there kept you employed. I think most companies consider employee performance and value to the company when deciding who to keep when they have to downsize. Looks like your work ethic caused you to make good decisions and had a good result.
We're basically in agreement and are only debating semantics.

I prefer to say that my strategy of becoming indispensable is what secured my job,,,
My solid work ethic is what allowed me to implement that strategy.

Aarond

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The secret team at the secret company where the leader spends his day posting on the internet. 😂

How much money are you gonna make today? You've stated you need a part time job, what's keeping you from going out and getting one? Work ethic possibly?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To get back to the subject of the OP, I wonder why she didn't consider looking for work someplace other than New York City? After all, with commuting issues and considering the cost of living to live in/near that hell-hole, she might have been better off working/living in a smaller city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom