College Grad Not Liking the 40hr Work Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
How much money are you gonna make today? You've stated you need a part time job, what's keeping you from going out and getting one? Work ethic possibly?
Kind of a personal question for a guy who has so many secrets himself. I'd be glad to compare my income and expenses to yours if you should ever decide to stop hiding behind a keyboard. I am thinking about a part time gig for the winter. Will your company pay me to spend my day on OSA like they do you? I'd actually prefer something that involves a bit more "work" than what you do. Whatever that is with whatever company? Do you actually have a job?

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted, we may not have liked it, but we didn't whine about it like her either. Yeah, we all probably bitched about it now and then, but we accepted it as a fact of life, took it in stride and moved forward. We knew that the only way to acquire the things we wanted and to support our families was by earning a living and we did exactly what was required to achieve our goals, including working 40 hours plus a week.

Like countless others before me I started working long before I graduated from school and continued working until I was able to retire and I believe that, in spite of any hardships, like long hours and multiple jobs to make ends meet, it made me a better person. The way I see it the girl in this video has a lot of growing up to do and if she doesn't do it soon she's in for a very rude awakening because no matter what the liberal professors told her in college, she isn't special and nothing is free.
Im not disagreeing that the girl has a lot to learn and some growing up to do. Im just saying that disappointment in one’s current employment isn’t the only metric of work ethic or drive. And it’s entirely possible to hate something and work hard at it- which is what she should do until she figures something else out.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of a personal question for a guy who has so many secrets himself.

Not really personal, just applying your BS rhetoric to yourself.

I'd be glad to compare my income and expenses to yours if you should ever decide to stop hiding behind a keyboard.

I'm sure you would, but given the way you whine about money...... lol.....

I'll dumb it down for you though..... I've NEVER seen anyone that was successful, be extremely preoccupied with how much other people make/what they do, like you are.

I am thinking about a part time gig for the winter.

Talk about a bullchit excuse.

I'd actually prefer something that involves a bit more "work" than what you do.

Like a "supervisor" for USPS lol? As a whole, one of the worst run organizations known in US history?

Either way, that's not reality now is it? One of us honestly DOES spend their day chastising people other people on OSA about "work ethic" when he himself is unemployed. You sound like Cousin Eddie.... "holding out for a management position."

I'd stop flinging poo from the cheap seats, because you're just making yourself look that much worse.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not really personal, just applying your BS rhetoric to yourself.

I'm sure you would, but given the way you whine about money...... lol.....

I'll dumb it down for you though..... I've NEVER seen anyone that was successful, be extremely preoccupied with how much other people make/what they do, like you are.

Talk about a bullchit excuse.

Like a "supervisor" for USPS lol? As a whole, one of the worst run organizations known in US history?

Either way, that's not reality now is it? One of us honestly DOES spend their day chastising people other people on OSA about "work ethic" when he himself is unemployed. You sound like Cousin Eddie.... "holding out for a management position."

I'd stop flinging poo from the cheap seats, because you're just making yourself look that much worse.
Whatever. That took quite a bit of company time to write to say not much of anything. I'll try to go back and just ignore you so you might actually get some "work" done today. 37 years of employment but I'm the lazy one. Right. 😉 you're like a poster child for poor work ethic and integrity. About time for you to go to lunch isn't it?

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, now that was too funny. After years of working 12 to 18 hour shifts, 3 to 7 days a week since retiring from Tinker in 08, I finally landed a 9 hour, 5 days a week, inside job on day shift. Been thanking God for the blessing. So when I see something like that... I just see a future welfare recipient.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever. That took quite a bit of company time to write to say not much of anything. I'll try to go back and just ignore you so you might actually get some "work" done today. 37 years of employment but I'm the lazy one. Right. 😉 you're like a poster child for poor work ethic and integrity. About time for you to go to lunch isn't it?

Aye, it was. Took a 2 hr lunch and went to Sportsworld too. But I checked with JD, my boss, and he said it was ok since I've had an excellent month. "Company Time" 🤣 🤣

Keep us posted on your "winter job."

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how long it's going to take her to realize that she cant have much of a social life without a job. She is one of those that wants a free ride but won't contribute for the gas...it takes money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom