Colt Defender .45 acc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would be happy after parting with my Kimber Raptor II 3" and picking up P365 , "...and I was wrong!" (to quote Ron White). Saw this Colt Defender and decided to give it a shot. Went to Big Boys Friday to shoot and went through 200 rounds of various ammo. I had one malfunction which was a failure to extract I identified as the ammo. It is a better shooter than the Kimber and compliments the full size Colt I have had for 40 years nicely. I am still undecided on the Cerakote finish but will see how it holds up to the Mitch Rosen holster. I'll take another trip to the range this week
fullsizeoutput_1512.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_341.jpeg

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a Stainless Colt Defender in 45 acp have not shot it in 6 years. have taken it out but never made it far enough into the range bag to shoot it in a long time. Maybe if i got grips like those and lost the goofy factory rubber finger groove models it might be more appealing

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to buy one of those as soon as I get rid of my Sig Legion....unless you want to trade.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a Stainless Colt Defender in 45 acp have not shot it in 6 years. have taken it out but never made it far enough into the range bag to shoot it in a long time. Maybe if i got grips like those and lost the goofy factory rubber finger groove models it might be more appealing
I’m not a fan of the grooves either. These grips are OEM and work well. How about a set of these?

Attachments

• 0571FA03-3853-456D-AB03-8A69E0F1D9B0.jpeg
    0571FA03-3853-456D-AB03-8A69E0F1D9B0.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 112

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll hold what I have, thanks.
Funny, after mentioning it looks like I just sold the Sig. Was curious, if you don't mind sharing, where you got it and what it cost. I traded into a Colt polished stainless 1911 a few months back and it looks like I'm a Colt fanboy now......

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom