Contemplating some firearms sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe OKNewshawk is reading into CorpsVets comments little too far, but in his defense there are a lot of folks out there that don't understand the process for buying firearms and think you have to have a weapons permit.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about we put this subject to bed. I have purchased many firearms in FTF transactions without showing any ID. My point was I am OK with showing my DL if the seller wants assurance that I am a resident, and my CHL if the seller wants assurance that I am allowed to possess a firearm.

If any one did not know a CHL was not a requirement to purchase/possess a firearm, after reading this thread they are now informed.

'Nuf said?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe OKNewshawk is reading into CorpsVets comments little too far, but in his defense there are a lot of folks out there that don't understand the process for buying firearms and think you have to have a weapons permit.
Maybe that's why I've been so insistent. I run into people all the time that think you have to have a permit to buy a firearm in Oklahoma or need to register firearms with the state and I work hard to educate them on the truth of firearms ownership in Oklahoma.

That being said, I would like to apologise to anyone that I annoyed/frustrated/ticked off over this issue. I see now that I was coming from a different perspective than the majority of respondents. For my misunderstanding of your intentions I am sorry.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about we put this subject to bed. I have purchased many firearms in FTF transactions without showing any ID. My point was I am OK with showing my DL if the seller wants assurance that I am a resident, and my CHL if the seller wants assurance that I am allowed to possess a firearm.

If any one did not know a CHL was not a requirement to purchase/possess a firearm, after reading this thread they are now informed.

'Nuf said?
Agreed.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom