Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is interested, got a flyer in my mailbox yesterday showing 'Bar S' bacon for $2.98 lb at Winco. I thew the flyer away and I can't recall the dates this sale is good for. Maybe worth checking out - 👀
Chuckie, I go to the Winco in Moore but I can't find anywhere online to send a flyer. Their website says they don't do a weekly ad to save costs. It's a 30 minute drive each way for me so would be nice to know if specials are going on. Any info on where to sign up for the flyer? If so, just PM so as to not derail the topic. Thx!

Like this: Cheez-It Crackers (12.4oz) $2.98/ea

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chuckie, I go to the Winco in Moore but I can't find anywhere online to send a flyer. Their website says they don't do a weekly ad to save costs. It's a 30 minute drive each way for me so would be nice to know if specials are going on. Any info on where to sign up for the flyer? If so, just PM so as to not derail the topic. Thx!

Like this: Cheez-It Crackers (12.4oz) $2.98/ea
Yeah, the flyer I got was just a single page two sided thing, more of a promotional advertisement for the Winco store chain. It had a couple other things shown besides the bacon deal, but those other things didn't interest me.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We shopped at the Winco in Lewiston, ID all the time. Great store. I'm gonna have to hit one up in the city next time we're over that way.
Employee owned and I can guarantee double the average IQ of my local walmart employees. Guaranteed! No employees wearing pajama pants or house shoes and they'll, get this, actually open another manned checkout station if the lines get too long!! IMAGINE THAT! Had a manager check me out last time and she said just covering for the busy times. The drive time is worth it to me.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I don't involve myself with this thread since I can't cook. However, in this case, I am offering a humorous video for the enlightenment of those that can cook...

....the idea of a "food court" was funny, but the ending was a complete surprise, and one that I might could be considered a part of the culture.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that one last week, really funny and reminded me of……well…me. My mother was a gourmet chef and I grew up standing next to her in the kitchen (in California). Moved here three years ago and found a great home at a small countrified Baptist church. You should see the looks on the peoples faces at some of the things I’ve brought to potlucks. Once for Game Night I baked fresh French bread then toasted it and added a homemade artichoke dip. Just like in the video. “Oooooo, yuck!” One lady even said “I’ll just scrape it off and eat the bread.” She didn’t even try it. 😂😂

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that one last week, really funny and reminded me of……well…me. My mother was a gourmet chef and I grew up standing next to her in the kitchen (in California). Moved here three years ago and found a great home at a small countrified Baptist church. You should see the looks on the peoples faces at some of the things I’ve brought to potlucks. Once for Game Night I baked fresh French bread then toasted it and added a homemade artichoke dip. Just like in the video. “Oooooo, yuck!” One lady even said “I’ll just scrape it off and eat the bread.” She didn’t even try it. 😂😂

Oddly enough, I grew up at the knees of a self-taught artist who did her most work in oil painting. Personally, I also can't claim any talent as an artist, however, growing up and seeing what she did with painting and what she worked with in creating paintings, I must have learned something about composing photographs.

One of my favorites of her paintings.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ribeye, bacon wrapped asparagus and rice tonight.
FB_IMG_1673745408062.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom