Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished making a family favorite for tomorrow that apparently is more like a family secret. I grew up eating “stuffed pears” on Thanksgiving and Christmas but seems everyone outside the family has never heard of such a thing. When I took them to a church potluck I could hear folks under their breath asking “what do you think that is?” From the looks on their faces it was clearly more of a yuck and not a wow! That was until they tried it, had four ladies ask for the recipe.

Large can of pear halves
8oz can crushed pineapple
2-3T sugar
8oz cream cheese
1t Vanilla

Blend cream cheese till soft, add sugar, then vanilla, and lastly pineapple. Once it’s all blended arrange a small casserole dish with pear halves, plop in the goodness and top with chopped candied pecans that I made. (If intersted’ I’ll share that recipe to)
View attachment 431131
Since we’re talking pears, my wife loves these:

The Chit House famous pears:

Brown pears (I forget what they’re called)
Core them, leave the halves.
Put a tiny piece of butter on each, place in 400 degree oven until soft.
Put plain goat cheese on each, place a few walnuts on them. Go for a 3:1 ratio of cheese to walnuts, I typically do a big tablespoon with 3-4 halves. (I prefer complete half’s, cause bits and pieces are for poors).
Place back in oven just long enough to warm everything up.
Remove from oven, drizzle with honey.

Enjoy with a stiff drink and loose company.
Agree. When I use to backpack a lot I always took tortillas rolled up inside an empty Pringles can instead of bread.
This is genius and I’m gonna use this idea.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mama has got a big pot of Pho simmering on the stove and the house smells great.....I've been starving myself all day waiting for supper. :)

pho.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had our honeymoon in Hawaii come to mind recently, and haven’t been able to get my all time favorite breakfast out of my head, so that’s what is for breakfast this morning.

Fried Spam, jasmine rice, over easy fried eggs, furikake, soy sauce.

Simple, filling, and damn good. I could probably stand to work on my presentation if I’m showing off pictures of it online though
IMG_3599.jpeg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we’re talking pears, my wife loves these:

The Chit House famous pears:

Brown pears (I forget what they’re called)
Core them, leave the halves.
Put a tiny piece of butter on each, place in 400 degree oven until soft.
Put plain goat cheese on each, place a few walnuts on them. Go for a 3:1 ratio of cheese to walnuts, I typically do a big tablespoon with 3-4 halves. (I prefer complete half’s, cause bits and pieces are for poors).
Place back in oven just long enough to warm everything up.
Remove from oven, drizzle with honey.

Enjoy with a stiff drink and loose company.

This is genius and I’m gonna use this idea.
Bosc pears

Cooking pears works best with ones that aren’t quite ripe yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom