Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried smoking cream cheese blocks? Been seeing it on the FB Pitboss page, figured I'd try it tomorrow. Thinking I'll try 1-2 with regular seasoning/rubs and maybe 1 with sweet flavor, like cinammon and sugar. Served as dip w/crackers.
I am not a big fan of cream cheese but the folks around my house like so I have smoked it a few times and it is pretty good. these are good for dipping it in Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps Original (30 oz.) - Sam's Club

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the same thing but from what I've been reading on that page, they actually use warmer temps for it than the block cheeses. I still need to try out the smoke tubes for cold smoking.
I tried the smoke tubes. The cheese turned out bitter. I think after some reading it was left on the smoke too long. Think I left it on there about three hours. I'm thinking 15 minutes might be better but have not tried that yet.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't eaten McDonald's in years, and had a hankering for their french fries. So, I got in the drive thru and got what is called the Cheeseburger bag special, something like that. It comes with 2 cheeseburgers, 2 regular fries and a 20 piece chicken mcnugget for $16 and some change. Fries were on point until I got home and grabbed a cheeseburger... what in the total eff????? Neva eva gonna give those a holes any money. Freddy's is the bomb for fast food. Take your yellow wrapper whataburger and shove it, lol. Anyways, here's a couple pics from McD's! Bs I tell ya!!!
mcdc.jpg
mcdch1.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McDonald’s doesn’t make anything I’d consider food for human consumption and Freddie’s isn’t far behind. A burger patty that looked like cube steak and it takes three to make a 1/4 pound? Don’t think so, plus the wife talked me into getting some of Freddie’s concrete ice cream once. I could buy a gallon of good ice cream for what they charged for two double scoops.
Fast food places in general are a ripoff IMHO.
Most places charge more for a burger, fries and drink than a USDA choice ribeye.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McDonald’s doesn’t make anything I’d consider food for human consumption and Freddie’s isn’t far behind. A burger patty that looked like cube steak and it takes three to make a 1/4 pound? Don’t think so, plus the wife talked me into getting some of Freddie’s concrete ice cream once. I could buy a gallon of good ice cream for what they charged for two double scoops.
Fast food places in general are a ripoff IMHO.
Most places charge more for a burger, fries and drink than a USDA choice ribeye.

I go to Wendy's every once in a while and get their $4 bag. It has a little cheeseburger, 4 chicken nuggets, some fries, and a small drink. It's plenty to fill me up and its less than $5 including the tax. It also tastes much better than MickeyD's.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most is already in the freezer but mama made me a big pot of homemade chili and vegetable soup yesterday and I had a bowl of chili tonight with crackers......and yes, I like beans in my chili and I prefer crackers over cornbread with it.

cac.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom