Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished making a family favorite for tomorrow that apparently is more like a family secret. I grew up eating “stuffed pears” on Thanksgiving and Christmas but seems everyone outside the family has never heard of such a thing. When I took them to a church potluck I could hear folks under their breath asking “what do you think that is?” From the looks on their faces it was clearly more of a yuck and not a wow! That was until they tried it, had four ladies ask for the recipe.

Large can of pear halves
8oz can crushed pineapple
2-3T sugar
8oz cream cheese
1t Vanilla

Blend cream cheese till soft, add sugar, then vanilla, and lastly pineapple. Once it’s all blended arrange a small casserole dish with pear halves, plop in the goodness and top with chopped candied pecans that I made. (If intersted’ I’ll share that recipe to)
View attachment 431131
Yeah, I love pears… this doesn’t appeal to me. there isn’t even any cooking involved. Good pears poached in a sauce, then add candied pecans or walnuts, heck yeah!

note, I’d still try it, lol

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When camping, I don't take bread. I take tortillas. They are great for eating a chili dog --- fold it like a burrito and no chili will get on you.

Your results may vary.
Agree. When I use to backpack a lot I always took tortillas rolled up inside an empty Pringles can instead of bread.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished processing 6 half pint jars of pepper jelly (pablano/jalapeno). Fingers crossed it’s tasty. Love the stuff on top a block of cream cheese and Triscuits or another cracker if your choosing.

1701370653471.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom