Cool down your condenser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like if you don't do it for too long it won't be too bad, just keep an eye on scale buildup. Also sounds like someone had some good advice on not spraying the unit directly, but using the mister to cool the ambient air. I just wish I could do something like this at my apartment.

Scapegoat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
a small swamp cooler blowing across the condenser and just getting shade on the condenser helps alot. cleaning the coils inside and the condenser fins is the best thing you can do. A new filter is a must.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
more returns in a home would probably be better?

When we lived back east for a while, our home had a return in every single room and two large ones on either side of the center staircase. When I asked about it, I was told that it's code back there now and absolutely more effecient. I was a little worried just because it didn't seem right that the conditioned air would be going right back into the return, but I was assured it was best?

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have noticed a difference in our AC not having to struggle so hard to keep up. Please make sure to not have the mister spraying directly on to the condenser. Like I stated previously. The main idea is to cool the air around the AC unit. I agree with the swamp cooler concept, Just sounds like a lot more electricity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom