Corn Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to buy corn at Atwoods in Shawnee on the way up a few weeks ago, and I can't even tell you what I paid (but it was expensive). I needed a 1000#, and Atwoods was relatively close to the interstate.

I normally buy corn by the pallet at the co-op in Manchester, but that's not possible when I'm only there for the weekend.

I posted in another thread that I'm trying a protein feeder this year, and to avoid the hassle of trying to find it up there, I'm buying it all here and hauling it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to buy corn at Atwoods in Shawnee on the way up a few weeks ago, and I can't even tell you what I paid (but it was expensive). I needed a 1000#, and Atwoods was relatively close to the interstate.

I normally buy corn by the pallet at the co-op in Manchester, but that's not possible when I'm only there for the weekend.

I posted in another thread that I'm trying a protein feeder this year, and to avoid the hassle of trying to find it up there, I'm buying it all here and hauling it.

I buy it in bulk from the elevator. Much cheaper. 1500-1800 lbs at a time.
Keep two 55 gallons shipping type drums with tops and rings at each feeder, and fill them and the feeder at the start of the season. The deer don't really mind the other drums after a couple of days. Cheap step ladder hidden in the brush. Takes a bit, but I'll fill buckets from the storage drums, carry it to the feeder, and load it back up as needed.
I'd LOVE to find a 50 bushel grain buggy with auger for sale. Hook that bad boy behind the tractor and load feeders the easy way!
Sadly, others seem to have the same Idea. Going to farm auctions, the buggy's are going for high dollar.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy it in bulk from the elevator. Much cheaper. 1500-1800 lbs at a time.
Keep two 55 gallons shipping type drums with tops and rings at each feeder, and fill them and the feeder at the start of the season. The deer don't really mind the other drums after a couple of days. Cheap step ladder hidden in the brush. Takes a bit, but I'll fill buckets from the storage drums, carry it to the feeder, and load it back up as needed.
I'd LOVE to find a 50 bushel grain buggy with auger for sale. Hook that bad boy behind the tractor and load feeders the easy way!
Sadly, others seem to have the same Idea. Going to farm auctions, the buggy's are going for high dollar.
I use 55 gallon drums as the feeders.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much corn will a 55 gal drum hold (pound-wise)?

What's the price difference between bulk and bagged?

I think it's a buck a bag extra at the co-op in Manchester, and I paid $200/ton last year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much corn will a 55 gal drum hold (pound-wise)?

What's the price difference between bulk and bagged?

I think it's a buck a bag extra at the co-op in Manchester, and I paid $200/ton last year.

If I remember right, back when I bought bagged stuff in 50 lb sacks, it took 7 bags to fill a 55 gallon drum.
Now it's 40lb bags most places.
Last year I paid $4.25 a bushel in bulk. Bushel weighs 56-58 lbs depending on moisture content.

Latest posts

Top Bottom