Costco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does Costco require a membership?

I've never been in one either that I recall.

Yeah. It's a little more than Sam's -- $60 vs. $40 a year. I don't care, especially since they will deliver to my house -- I'm ALL in. I much prefer the meat from Costco as compared to Sam's, I just couldn't justify the trip to Tulsa every month.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and me both. Except for that getting up, getting dressed, fixing my hair and make-up, driving to work and then dealing with people thing.
We can be the sample servers. You can serve some salty vinegary veggie slaw. To match your demeanor

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can be the sample servers. You can serve some salty vinegary veggie slaw. To match your demeanor

Yeah, all except for that having to be nice to people. I just spent the last 45 minutes yanking every Apria Health representative in India through the phone. What healthcare place thinks it's appropriate to deliver medical equipment at 11 o'clock at night??

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're both similar, but Costco's groceries have more emphasis on "healthier" choices for the most part, and a good number of items are higher quality.
Yes to the above. The Kirkland brand face wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, etc are much cheaper and better quality than some of the name brand products. Late Saturday and Sunday afternoon shopping and grazing the sample servers will fill you up and won't need to eat dinner. That alone pays for the membership.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This IS an old thread. Ours has gone downhill for some reason. We aren't getting skirt steak, short ribs, or lots of the prime meats anymore. And the "butchers" have no clue why or when/if they'll ever have it again. They do that with a lot of stuff. You'll find something you like, they'll have it for a while, then it's gone. Never to return. We're seriously discussing dropping the membership because the meats were the whole reason for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom